“Amazing, relaxing, wonderful, can not wait to return!!!”
Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Our first trip to belize. may 7-14. Stacey was so helpful with all of our trip planning. The flight with tropic air effortless. We had a 2nd floor 2 room suite.

My first impression with room. The cool breeze as you opened the door, and the wonderful smell. If you have stayed in other countries by the ocean the room can sometimes get musty. Not here.

We went snorkeling with alfonse. So amazing.
We went all day fishing/snorkeling/bbq with eric. Such an amazing day, the food was fantastic. I caught the most fish, and I throughly enjoyed the quiet beach just to float around while our meal was cooking.
We flew to orange walk and took an eco tour to lamani (?) after a boat ride. So amazing, great sights, great guide, just one other couple with us. The food was amazing, and the information was priceless.

We went to the chicken drop, so much fun. Spent many days at Palapas at the bar or on an inner tube in the water, and we met some amazing people. The locals were so nice. Scott the owner of palapas (sorry I was the lady from california that thought her golf cart was gone) too many shots at tubes. We even me linda carter who has an amazing view from her balcony. We had cherry bombs. Look forward to meeting up again with her.

The local people were always so helpful and friendly.
The staff at the phoenix was top notch, pamela and the other girls thank you so much with excursions, golf cart, conversation, always smiling and always so helpful, you all helped make our trip easy. Ricardo at the bar what a wonderful guy, so helpful, great conversations. All of you keep up the great job.

Our most interesting part was departure. We made arrangements with stacey to use george morales transfer company to pick us up at corazal and transport us to playa del carmen to our hotel. His wife and daughter were along for the ride. It was safe, speedy, and they were so helpful with both of our customs stops (belize 19 usd each exit fee, then speedy thru mexican border. The drive was about 3.5 hr. to 4 hours. We were at our new destination and sitting on the beach no later than 1:00 that day. Very reliable service that I would recommend to anyone.

This hotel was beautiful and relaxing. The red ginger had great food. We also ate at, caliente, blue water grill, fidos, elvi's and many street vendors and palapas food was great.

We were so amazed by the turn out for the funeral of the Dr who delivered most of the children.
We can not wait to go back.

Room Tip: Holtel staff added to our wonderful trip!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank infogal
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed May 24, 2011

The Phoenix Resort exceeded our expectations for comfort, service and services. In the quaint small of town San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, but very much lending a feeling of privacy and accessibility. I highly recommend! You can do so much from San Pedro and the staff at The Phoenix Resort are there to get you going in the right direction….or, doing nothing at all. Great San Pedro Resort! Thank you all.

Room Tip: Second flr. sea front!
Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JungleJim15
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My husband and I travelled to Belize for our first time in March and decided to stay at The Phoenix. We couldn't have picked a better resort! It was AMAZING! It felt like we were on our second honeymoon! We were greeted by a warm and friendly staff who was so knowledgeable and helpful on what to do in San Pedro. Every time we saw them they insisted on taking care of us and helping out in any way possible. They even set up our Scuba reservations for us! The resort itself is gorgeous and I could have spent all day long sitting poolside drinking a Piña Colada made by my favorite bartender, Maurice. The view from the resort is breathtaking and so relaxing! Our Suite was also perfect! I've never stayed in a hotel bed (until then) that I thought was more comfortable than our own bed at home.

We had dinner at the Red Ginger and Blue Water Grill, both of which were delicious! We loved the Red Ginger so much we even got it for room service one night. It was such a treat to have fresh Seafood every night! I have recommended this resort to all of our friends as it is a TRUE feeling of relaxation to be at The Phoenix. My husband and I cannot wait to head back to The Phoenix and are definitely going to be "regulars" in San Pedro! Thank you to everyone at the resort who truly made this trip feel like our second honeymoon!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccarrier1
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I can't say enough good things about The Phoenix! Belize is such a beautiful country, but it was the resort that made the trip especially fun and memorable. Here's just a few of the things we appreciated:

1. Day trip planning was easy and stress-free. The last thing I want to do on vacation is spend time researching trips, calling contacts, etc. But the staff at The Phoenix may day trips a breeze. They were very knowledgeable about the options and made recommendations not only for what to do, but when to do them and who to do them with. They even researched what days cruise ships arrive, so we could do cave tubing/ziplining and Lamanai on less crowded days. And the guides they recommended were awesome -- proud to show off Belize and very knowledgeable about the history of the country.

2. Condos were immaculate, spacious, and cozy. We really appreciated the 2x/day maid service. They even did our dishes! We got a 3 BR condo for six people, and even with so many of us, it still very spacious. The condos are decorated with a mix of local crafts and Pottery Barn-type furniture, so they have very authentic but luxurious and up-to-date feel. And the balconies are amazing! So much room, plus lounge chairs and a great view of the ocean.

3. The staff is so friendly. I have never stayed anywhere with such wonderful staff. Everyone -- from the front desk to the staff at Red Ginger -- went above and beyond. They gave us complimentary full-size bottles of bug spray and aloe when we ran out. And they were fun to just talk to about life.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DFrogger
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We just got back from our first trip to Belize. The Phoenix is amazing. We stayed there for 6 nights 7 days, and I can honestly say I wish we stayed even longer. The people are super helpful, staff very honest about the day outings and tours. It's also located walking distance from San Pedro town, which makes it easy to walk into town, eat amazing food and meet the locals. Many of the other places on the Island are resort-like and out of the way. The Phoenix is a balanced mix of everything. If you want a little change of scenary, head to the dock closest to the hotel. The water is perfect and its a great way to see the sunset. Not one slightly negative thing to say about the place.

Room Tip: its a fairly small hotel, so all rooms seem great
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was in charge of planning a father-son spring break trip with nine high school seniors and three other fathers. I picked the Phoenix because of the location on Ambergris Caye and the reviews on TripAdvisor.

The trip went off without a hitch. The hotel, the activities, and the restaurants were all great.

The Phoenix was actually nicer than advertised. We rented four condos which were spacious, modern and spotless. The bedrooms were among the most comfortable sleep accommodations I've ever had. We actually used the kitchen because we wanted to cook the fish we had caught one day, and we were happy that it was well equipped and as good as our kitchens at home. The decks of the condos all opened onto the pool area and the waterfront, so we always felt connected to the sea. The rooms all had free wifi, which was important with a group of teens with laptops. Even the poolside food was very high quality.

The service was as great as the rooms. From check-in to check-out, everything was well organized. Stacey, the manager at the Phoenix, did a superb job in organizing us, and in recommending and booking activities for my demanding group of fathers and teens. We took a sailing/snorkeling trip to the north part of the island, we went reef fishings, and we went snorkeling with Alphonse at shark-ray alley. Every member of the staff, from the people at the front desk to the waiters to the maids, treated our group exceptionally well.

The location was also perfect for us. The Phoenix is at the northern end of San Pedro, so everything in San Pedro was within easy walking distance. There was no need for us to take taxis or golf carts anywhere.

The hotel security was very good. We saw the security people 24/7 and always felt safe.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed May 1, 2011

My wife and I chose Belize for our 10th anniversary trip. We stayed inland near San Ignacio to experience ATM tour and other adventures, but looked forward to staying at The Phoenix for our 'chilll time'. We chose to stay at The Phoenix after reading all the stellar reviews on Trip Advisor and other sites. We were not disappointed. The property itself is beautiful, the rooms bordering on rediculously huge, great pool with wonderful views and sounds of the ocean, great staff (special thanks to Gabriella who helped set up some wonderful tours and gave great recommendations for local grub)! We loved, I say LOVED being so close to the busy streets and action of San Pedro. All the restuarants, beaches, food, grocery stores, our golf cart rental and even our dive site were within mere steps of The Phoenix. There is no other place I would stay after looking hard at some of the other sites in and around San Pedro. Thanks again to everyone at The Phoenix!
My only suggestion (and I was lucky enough to meet the fine owners of The Phoenix and I personally shared this with them) is to figure out what you want out of your Red Ginger Restaurant. Not that one would need my advice with such a wonderfullly executed property you've developed, but I'm not sure that there is ever enough water/ocean view restauarant/bars. There does seem to be room near SW corner of property to build a cool bar 'on the beach/beach front'. JUST DO IT!:) I'll see if you've heeded my advice sometime in the near future on my return visit (hopefully very soon!)

Room Tip: All look great!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple