We stayed here in January 2009 in an elite condo and were fortunately able to get a good deal for it. The room, as with the entire resort, was beautiful, spacious, and clean. As other reviewers have noted, the resort is new, and they are still working out several kinks, including the generator noise and development of the space.
Also as mentioned in other reviews, the resort is completely secluded. There is nothing on the island other than the restaurant and hotel--if you need food, water, or anything else, you will have to bring it yourself from San Pedro. We were the only people staying there for the majority of our trip. This was to our benefit because the staff, in particular the water taxi drivers, was very attentive and accommodating. We could essentially take the boat to San Pedro and return at our leisure. I am not sure this will be the case as more guests stay here, but it was very handy for us.
The food at the restaurant was delicious, albeit exceptionally pricey. While I recognize the dinner is considered Indian fine dining and definitely appreciate the quality, the breakfast and lunch items as well as the beverages were particularly overpriced. It was more worth it to take the boat into town to have a drink. That being said, I would recommend having a rum punch on the restaurant's deck at least once!
The staff was very helpful in arranging activities (snorkeling, etc) and connecting flights.
Likely because of the weather (rainy on the first day; windy the next), the pool was FREEZING.
We look forward to returning in a year or two when the resort is more developed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brahma Blue is the newest resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize. Brahma Blue is situated on a private island, a four-minute boat ride from the center of town. Brahma Blue Resort features 14 condo units all two or three bedrooms, and two or three bathrooms. Fresh water swimming pool, free kayaks, canoes, and an on-site Spa. In addition, we offer programs in Ayurvedic health. Our restaurant Blue Lotus, won "Best Food", in the 2007 San Pedro Food festival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Brahma Blue Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brahma Blue Hotel San Pedro
- Brahma Blue Resort Belize/San Pedro