I stayed here 12/27-31. It is a new condo resort across the lagoon from San Pedro and is not beachfront/oceanfront, although they do have two sand/beach areas along the lagoon. The pool is nice but there is no snack or bar service. The rooms are spacious and very nice (granite counters, comfortable beds, good linens, fully supplied kitchen, etc.) The resort is very secluded from town because of it's location across the lagoon. They have a private boat to take you back and forth which runs about every 1.5 hours (first boat at 8:30 and last at around 10.) I went diving early and one of the chefs took me over at 5:30PM which was very nice. I made arrangements to stay in town late one evening and was promised to have a boat pick me up at 11PM. No one was there so I had to call over to the restaurant and ask the chef to pick me up (which he graciously did). Staff try to be helpful but aren't always around (front desk was closed by 8PM). The restaurant (Indian) is very good (note: there is no room service.) Each condo has a TV but no phone or alarm clock. I used my cell phone to wake me up and they provide a wake up service. The grocery store is only 4 blocks from the dock in San Pedro but they really should offer a grocery service for guests as a convenience. The property runs 100% on generators and they are noisy (not bad if you keep your doors and windows closed but loud if you open them). We lost power every day in the evening.
I had a fine time but wouldn't stay at Brahma Blue again for the reasons stated above. I'd wait until they get the kinks worked out. If you are looking for romantic seclusion or don't mind the inconvenience of not being able to get into town when you want to without waiting up to an hour for a boat and don't mind heading back to your room by 10 each night then it's okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brahma Blue is the newest resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize. Brahma Blue is situated on a private island, a four-minute boat ride from the center of town. Brahma Blue Resort features 14 condo units all two or three bedrooms, and two or three bathrooms. Fresh water swimming pool, free kayaks, canoes, and an on-site Spa. In addition, we offer programs in Ayurvedic health. Our restaurant Blue Lotus, won "Best Food", in the 2007 San Pedro Food festival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Brahma Blue Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brahma Blue Hotel San Pedro
- Brahma Blue Resort Belize/San Pedro