My wife and I just returned from a four-night stay at Las Terrrazas, and our only lament is that we didn't stay longer.
This was our second trip to Belize, but first to Ambergris Caye. We had a wonderful time at two resorts on the mainland during our first trip, but wanted to try something different and opted for a slice of island life.
We chose Las Terrazas after doing a little homework because it looked like a quiet, stylish place that seemed to be centrally located. It was all that and more.
The staff was top-notch - friendly, efficient, patient and attentive without hovering. In particular, Andrea at the front desk was terrific. She had all the answers and anticipated our needs more than once.
The resort itself is beautiful and immaculately maintained. All rooms are steps from a well-groomed stretch of beach, a dock that is on the island's water taxi route and is next door to one of the most well-regarded dive shops on the island. We had a spacious two-bedroom unit that opened out onto the pool/courtyard that dominates the outdoor space at the resort. Despite being in the middle of everything - and being there at the same time as a wedding party - noise wasn't an issue at all.
The resort caters to couples, and the vibe is relaxed - stylish without being stuffy - and there were few young children around. We had dinner at 'O' restaurant two nights and ordered from room service one other time. For the most part, the food was outstanding (We recommend the barracuda, seafood ravioli, seafood risotto and the shrimp ceviche) and the service was earnest. The closest thing to a criticism I have is that our food took longer than expected to arrive one evening - buy, hey, what else were we doing).
The resort's location was ideal from our perspective. We took advantage of the dive shop to book a great half-day snorkel trip and used the water taxi to get to San Pedro, the main town on the island. Mostly, though, we walked up and down the beach stopping at the various resorts and bars between San Pedro and Las Terrazas to eat and drink as the spirit moved us.
As was the case during our first visit to Belize three years ago, we found the people gracious and polite, and the service unfailingly friendly - if a bit leisurely at times (not at Las Terrazas, though).
My wife and I agree that we definitely will be returning to Belize. If we go back to Ambergris Caye, we wouldn't think to go anywhere other than Las Terrazas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in Belize and part of the LVX Collection. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. Take advantage of our FREE Amenities including Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, an Aqua Bike, Bicycles and Yoga Mats. Golf Cart Rental is available to explore the island and town of San Pedro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro