Don't get me wrong, Las Terrazas is nice, very nice. But, considering the price, there are many drawbacks. The property is pretty and the rooms are modern and comfortable. However, our "ocean view" penthouse was more like a partial view, obstructed by the buildings in front. Internet in our first room was only occasionally working and often very slow although it was more reliable and faster in our second room. Despite the faster internet in our second room, one of the two bathrooms turned out to be detached from rest of the room, requiring a short but awkward walk outside where others can see you, especially from the restaurant. At nearly $2000 per night, we expected something closer to perfection. The beach in front of the property is okay but nothing spectacular. We also found the location of the property 30 minutes from town to be problematic at times when we tired of the eating at the hotel's good restaurant. The $50 for a round trip water taxi exacts a steep tax for meals out in town. The front desk tries very hard to accommodate every need but the housekeeping was uneven, not necessarily cleaning the kitchen. All said, I will miss jogging and biking along the beach trail to the north of the property. By the way, there is no gym. The nearby dive shop was also excellent. For a lower price, I think I would be more excited to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro