My husband and I stayed here from May 27 - June 1. We were greeted as we arrived on the resorts boat with rum punch and a cold towel. We stayed a patio room, the amenities were nice but the bed and bathrooms felt a bit cramped (a jet tub would have been a welcome feature). The housekeeping service was good although somewhat inconsistent, some days the number of washcloths was inadequate even with evening turndown service.
O Restaurant Breakfasts were good the assortment was adequate. The watermelon juice was great along with the "crispy bacon." Lunch I was not impressed, one day they out if fish another day the fish and chips were just ok. Dinner was excellent, both of our entrees. During one day we ordered happy hour drinks and were told no bartender was available so we modified our selections.
The resort bikes need replaced, they are in terrible shape, we met another biker on the beach he said - "Las Terrazas huh, great resort, horrible bikes" and other guests we spoke with had the same sentiment.
No bar service at the pool or beach, definitely a nice feature to add that could provide additional revenue to the resort.
One night we asked the front desk staff, if a restaurant was open that night, we were told yes, we got there and it was closed and had not the concierge at a nearby resort helped us we would have been stuck waiting on a dock for 2 hours on another taxi. Recommendation, insist a call is made before taking off in a water taxi.
Overall the resort and beach were nice. Some areas of improvement are warranted and easily could improve the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro