My wife and I recently spend a fantastic week at Las Terrazas. From the moment we arrived, to our departure, we interacted with friendly staff who were vested in us having a memorable vacation. We came home relaxed, refreshed and eager to return. One of the most memorable aspects of the trip was the condo we stayed in (#220). It was a very large, well decorated, with an amazing balcony. I will say we originally booked a smaller "Laguna" view unit. However, on arrival we noted that although it was beautiful inside it had a terrible view and the patio looked onto a dirt road. Not wanting anything to take away from this holiday we negotiated (not very well...it was quite a price jump!) an upgrade to #220. It was worth it!
The beach in front of the hotel is small but beautiful and ample for the size of the resort. The beach furniture was "upscale" and there was never a problem getting a cabana. The view of the reef 500yds off shore was amazing. The resort has sailboats, kayaks and paddle boards.
The food on the resort is good not great but the setting makes up for any deficiencies. For lunch I recommend walking (or cycling down the beach) towards San Pedro and sampling the following restaurants (a) Capricorn (b) AJi ( amazing fish tacos) (c) Palapa bar (food not great but the view is spectacular) and (d) Lazy Croc (lunch only Thurs-Sun). Stay away from Coco Beach! For dinner the "Rendevous Restaurant" beside Las Terrazas was very good...probably the best we had on the Caye. Take the water taxi into San Pedro and experience "Blue Water Grill" on the south side of town. We also tried "Caliente" and although I will eat nearly anything the meal we got was inedible....we were exceptionally disappointed.
One of the features of my reviews is to comment on places to run. Because of the remoteness of the resort running options are limited. However, there is a dirt road behind the hotel and it runs all the way to town. Its about 3.0 miles to the "bridge" and the first few hundred yards outside the hotel are tough going. Unfortunately, I had a misstep into a large pothole and pulled a muscle in my leg! So be careful. There are a few dogs along the way but they are all friendly. Although I had no issues, nor heard of any, I must add that the road (trail!) is very quiet and may not be for everyone.
Finally, David the manager has the biggest dog I have ever seen! Its a Great Dane on steroids! Getting a picture with it is a must.
Have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro