“The perfect place to unwind!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Terrazas Resort

Las Terrazas Resort
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“The perfect place to unwind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I recently spend a fantastic week at Las Terrazas. From the moment we arrived, to our departure, we interacted with friendly staff who were vested in us having a memorable vacation. We came home relaxed, refreshed and eager to return. One of the most memorable aspects of the trip was the condo we stayed in (#220). It was a very large, well decorated, with an amazing balcony. I will say we originally booked a smaller "Laguna" view unit. However, on arrival we noted that although it was beautiful inside it had a terrible view and the patio looked onto a dirt road. Not wanting anything to take away from this holiday we negotiated (not very well...it was quite a price jump!) an upgrade to #220. It was worth it!

The beach in front of the hotel is small but beautiful and ample for the size of the resort. The beach furniture was "upscale" and there was never a problem getting a cabana. The view of the reef 500yds off shore was amazing. The resort has sailboats, kayaks and paddle boards.

The food on the resort is good not great but the setting makes up for any deficiencies. For lunch I recommend walking (or cycling down the beach) towards San Pedro and sampling the following restaurants (a) Capricorn (b) AJi ( amazing fish tacos) (c) Palapa bar (food not great but the view is spectacular) and (d) Lazy Croc (lunch only Thurs-Sun). Stay away from Coco Beach! For dinner the "Rendevous Restaurant" beside Las Terrazas was very good...probably the best we had on the Caye. Take the water taxi into San Pedro and experience "Blue Water Grill" on the south side of town. We also tried "Caliente" and although I will eat nearly anything the meal we got was inedible....we were exceptionally disappointed.

One of the features of my reviews is to comment on places to run. Because of the remoteness of the resort running options are limited. However, there is a dirt road behind the hotel and it runs all the way to town. Its about 3.0 miles to the "bridge" and the first few hundred yards outside the hotel are tough going. Unfortunately, I had a misstep into a large pothole and pulled a muscle in my leg! So be careful. There are a few dogs along the way but they are all friendly. Although I had no issues, nor heard of any, I must add that the road (trail!) is very quiet and may not be for everyone.

Finally, David the manager has the biggest dog I have ever seen! Its a Great Dane on steroids! Getting a picture with it is a must.

Have a great time!

Room Tip: I would pass on the Laguna suites if you want a view......
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank criticeoir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a great time staying at the resort for four days. Every minute spent there was memorable. The service was excellent. I do not have anything negative to say about our stay at the resort. Every member of the group came back home only singing praises of our fantastic experience at the resort. I highly recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a place to just go and de stress. I give this place 10 out of 10.

Service provided was excellent.
The condo we stayed was amazing. It was a three bed room three bath condo on the beach and 10 steps away from the large pool in the back.
AMENITIES Everything one needed was provided and more. If something was missing or if we wanted something all we had to do was say a word and it was taken care off immediately. We (PARTY OF 5) drank 9 gallons of fresh coconut water in 3 days which would have been impossible at any other resort. I walked out saw coconuts on the tree and the first employee I ran into I asked if I can have some fresh coconut water. In less than 10 minutes he had 5 coconuts cut with straws served to us in our room. People were very friendly and humble. The food there at the restaurant was excellent. When I expressed my wish to go fishing, they got me a line and bait in 5 minutes, took me to the pear which was 100 steps away where I caught a snapper, took it back to the restaurant and in 25 minutes I had fried snapper served to me in my room. We took 30 sardines to the restaurant they cleaned them and fried them for us and served them at the pool with drinks while we were enjoying our time in the pool. We went on a fishing trip where the guide helped each of us catch a snapper, took us to a remote beach, cooked the fish on the beach and served fish with potatoes and beans along with local beer. We spent one more hour on the beach after eating. We were the only one there. It was an amazing experience. Can not be duplicated any where else.
Must go at least once in your lifetime.

Kota Reddy MD.

Room Tip: Get rooms 220 OR 106. Excellent views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank kota r
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous vacation at this idyllic resort. Initially we were placed in a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom but it did not have any real view and when we said that was important to us we were promptly offered a choice of other rooms overlooking the pool. Every staff member we met was courteous, professional and knowledgable. We want to give a special mention th Chef Norvil and waiter Marco who made our special beachside dinner such a brilliant experience. The staff at the White Sands Dive Center were great dive guides and very fun people. This resort is certainly not close to town but the public water taxi was very easy and the Las Terazza's staff called other local restaurants who sent their boats to pick us up and drop us off for dinner so we were very happy. When we left the property on the boat back to San Pedro at the end of our vacation the housekeeping staff called the boat captain and told him we had left a cellphone. He immediately turned back so we could collect it! It was so good we are going back for longer next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sugar land, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hotel is beautiful place 15 minutes away from city and has excellent services. If someone want to relax in luxurious setting and beautiful beach, this is place. I missed not having workout facility, however, I got my workout walking on the beach. We rented three bedroom villa across from beach and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Rooms were spacious and nicely designed. I highly recommend the place and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank idesign
San Pedro, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I took the water taxi to this resort for a night to relax and get away from the town for a few hours. Tis was the first time I had been there and my first Impression was "beautiful"!!!! We went to the pool side and ordered a drink and some food, the service was great, attentive and professional. The atmosphere is friendly, relaxing. The pool is amazing with a calming effect. I would refer people here if they are looking for a wonderful getaway that has class at a reasonable price compared to a lot od resorts on the north end of the island.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kathryn E
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last November and found this hotel overall to be very desirable. Service was no lower then excellent and the O restaurant had quite good food. San Pedro was not so close to the hotel but I enjoy walking after a big meal so I did not see this as a drawback.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Sam J
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and two sons just finished up our time at Las Terrazas and all I can say is what an amazing vacation.

From the moment we arrived the atmosphere was welcoming and immaculate. The room we stayed in (condo actually) had two bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, a full kitchen, washer/dryer (wish we'd known about that before hand), flat screen tv's with DirectTV and air conditioning.

Plainly said, the place is gorgeous. The swimming pool is a mix of salt water and chlorine and is really nice.

The staff is very accommodating and truly goes out of their way to meet your needs.

My son LOVES to fish and we were able to rent poles from the resort and fish off the dock.

The restaraunt is very mediocre, but there is good food to be found in San Pedro, just don't drive a golf-cart there...take a water taxi. Trust me.

Overall, Las Terrazas is amazing.

HIGHLY Recommend.

Room Tip: Our room, 217 was perfection!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family