This is a hard review to write because there were some amazing things however the negatives out weighed the positives. When we booked we were told that we had a 2 or 3 bedroom suite with a minimum of one king bed and queen bed in the other bedroom with 2 full bathrooms. There was even mention of an outdoor shower? When we checked in they took us to a 2 bedroom lagoon view on the ground floor with the balcony backing on to the dirt road with a king bed and 2 singles in the second room. When we asked to be moved we were told that we could for an extra 108.00 a night. They did push the 2 single beds together.What made this worse was that a couple on their honeymoon told us that they were just upgraded from a 2 bedroom lagoon view to a 3 bedroom with a view at now charge! HMMM?
Then for the rest of the week the hotel had water problems to the point of shutting off the water for 3 days in a row. The hotel did offer us a free lunch and gave us a 1 gallon jug of water for drinking for 4 people. It would of been nice to have a jug water everyday in our room since the water had strong sulfur smell. We ended up purchasing jugs of water for the entire week.
I would expect a "luxury" hotel would have done a bit more with these issues. We found out at the end of the week that there empty 3 bedroom suites while we were there.
Las terrazas is about 5 miles north of San Pedro toll bridge. yes a toll bridge it $2.50 US each way. it is 1.5 hours to walk the beach or 30 minutes by golf cart. the golf carts cost between 200.00 and 300.00 per week. the cart is must if stay here.
Don't get me wrong I loved my trip to Belize and can wait to go back. But we will not be staying here. We checked other places while on our trip. They were all closer to San Pedro and cheaper. Captian Morgans, Phoenix, Ramons, Coco Beach to mention a few
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro