After getting married in Mexico this October, we were looking for a place to relax and enjoy the island life. Upon settling on Belize, we knew we wanted to find a hotel/resort where we could enjoy the luxury of a true honeymoon while not being surrounded by hundreds of tourists.
We stumbled upon Las Terrazas through Trip Advisor based on the great reviews and the candid pictures. This is one of those resorts where the pictures actually tell the true story. A beautiful modern resort with top-end appliances, laundry and high end beds and furniture within the condos. Wireless internet and balconies overlooking the ocean. We moved right in, and it was difficult to leave.
The staff is amazing, and each and every person greeted us with a smile and helped us with anything we needed. It's great to have a PADI scuba shop on location with the ability to charge everything back to the room. The O restaurant on the property serves high quality food (although perhaps not always the most inventive), and Rendezvous next door has a bit pricier French food. Both are worth going to, and a water taxi can get you to any of the other restaurants on the island.
One thing to keep in mind during October is that it is during rainy season. Which means lots of mosquitoes. The rooms are great for keeping them out, and we didn’t have any within the condo. However, bring a decent supply of repellant (we went through two bottles) for any walks outside of the room after dusk.
We did walk around many of the other resorts close by, and we didn't see anything that had the great simple modern look that we really liked at Terrazas. When we finally did pry ourselves out of the room at the end of the week, we knew that Terrazas would be the one reason to come back to San Pedro. Thanks for a great experience! Hope to make the trip again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro