Beautiful high quality villa with a fantastic view from the top level which was converted to a one bedroom for our stay.
The limitation for us was the pool that is too shallow with 80% of it less than half a metre deep so ornamental only. This is a real shame.
As with all resorts there are an insufficient number of sun loungers and the ground floor have their own personal loungers but none are allocated to the top floor so if the ground floor take one of the 3 other sets available then the top floor miss out.
There are 3 options to get into town, water taxi, golf buggy and bicycle. Water taxis do not come as previous guests mentioned. We wouldn't recommend golf buggies as the road is dirt and full of pot holes ( very unpleasant). Cycling along the beach is the best bet and the hotel has free bikes for use (takes 45 mins to the town centre).
Ar Captain Morgans resort next door (north) there is a small supermarket (at the rear) and Cabana cafe (at the beach) which are both good. The cafe has croissants, banana bread and chocolate cupcakes. It closes at 1pm and as everything is fresh they can run out.
We tried Aji restaurant (terrible) with golf buggy and Capricorn (very good and next door south) and Captain Morgans restaurant (very good and next door north).
The front desk (very helpful) arranged the golf buggy hire and a snorkelling trip to Hol Chan / Shark and Ray alley. Pickup at 2pm for a return at 4:30pm. Plenty of turtles, rays, nurse sharks, lots of colourful fishes (saw a giant parrot fish) and colourful coral. Really good.
All in all a very nice stay but let down by the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belizean Cove Estates is a collection of six luxurious beachfront vacation rentals located 3 miles north of San Pedro Town. Each villa is elegantly decorated with its own unique style and decor. The villas have the flexibility to be rented as one, two or three bedrooms; making Belizean Cove Estates the ideal setting for an intimate honeymoon, large family, or group vacation. All villas feature marble floors, fully equipped gourmet kitchens, a spacious living room, and dining room. Breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea can be enjoyed from the privacy of each condo's master bedroom and living room. All villas are located directly beachfront and feature a private balcony/patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Belizean Cove Estates reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Cove Estates Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Cove Estates Belize/San Pedro