I happened upon a "deal" on a week at Belizean Cove Estates when I was searching for a good airline price for air travel from California to Belize. Every October for our anniversary I try to plan a lovely beach escape for hubby and me. So I booked a 2-bedroom villa and researched the area. We normally stay in timeshare resorts with full kitchens and we like to cook in addition to trying local restaurants. Recognizing how far we were from San Pedro I ordered a week's worth of groceries from Lagniappe Provisioning. Everything was beautifully displayed in the villa kitchen when we arrived. I also maintained regular e-mail contact with the manager up until we left California. She gave me advice on the various options for getting from Belize City to the resort from least to most expensive. We chose Tropic Air from Belize International to San Pedro and the Belizean Coves arranged a cab to take our luggage to the Tuff E Nuff docs where a water taxi took us to the resort. Not expensive, and absolutely no hassle. She even e-mailed me a day or 2 before our trip suggesting that we bring raincoats because they'd been having some rain. Since it was off season, we were the only guests, so we had Villa Marbella all to ourselves. We paid for 2 bedrooms and got 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. The property is secluded but was just what we needed to get away for a romantic week. We bought the $30 week pass for the water taxi and took it to San Pedro every day to walk, shop, and see the sights. When we arrived the groundskeeper, Gato and manager, Carmelita met us at the dock. He took our luggage and she showed us to our villa. Amazing tropical punch was cool and waiting for us in a pitcher. She asked if we wanted rum, and added rum to our taste. We enjoyed the private jacuzzi on our patio. The groundskeeper, Gato, brought a barbecue up so we could cook steak and shrimp. The housekeeper cleaned the full villa daily and did all the dishes, so I could enjoy cooking, but didn't have to do the clean up. There are bikes and kayaks to use at no cost. If you choose, you can ride a bike to town. We didn't do that, but did use the kayaks. The groundskeeper got the kayak ready for us with life preserver and paddles when we were ready to use it. The interior of the villas is beautiful and views of the ocean from all the windows was amazing. You can also rent one of their golf carts and take it to town, but the water taxi was more fun, we thought. I was a little surprised that for a 3-bedroom villa there was only one television. It was an excellent flat screen with tons of channels, but hubby and I like to watch different television at night and we are accustomed to staying in accommodations with two or 3 TVs. It did give us more together time, though, which is a good thing. I was still in school and needed online access to the computer every day and the internet worked flawlessly. With no other guests and the staff catering to our every need, we felt like we were in our own private beach home. It was an amazing vacation. Snorkeling was incredible, weather was great, and people were awesome. I plan to return again next year at about the same time. Why hassle with the crowds? And yes, some restaurants in San Pedro and Caye Caulker were shut down for off season, but it was no great loss. We enjoyed eating in the villa as well as at local foods in San Pedro and Caye Caulker. This place is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belizean Cove Estates is a collection of six luxurious beachfront vacation rentals located 3 miles north of San Pedro Town. Each villa is elegantly decorated with its own unique style and decor. The villas have the flexibility to be rented as one, two or three bedrooms; making Belizean Cove Estates the ideal setting for an intimate honeymoon, large family, or group vacation. All villas feature marble floors, fully equipped gourmet kitchens, a spacious living room, and dining room. Breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea can be enjoyed from the privacy of each condo's master bedroom and living room. All villas are located directly beachfront and feature a private balcony/patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belizean Cove Estates reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Cove Estates Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Cove Estates Belize/San Pedro