Transfered to Coco Beach from the property next door, Belizean Shores. Both properties are managed by the same company. Although it was difficult and required much negotiating, we were pleased with the quality difference as compared to Belizean Shores. Coco Beach is a new condo development with a decent pool. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. There is no restaurant and no food service of any kind. There is no store to buy anything on the property and you are several miles and an expensive boat trip from town. There was a pool bar with limited hours and unreasonably high prices. You have to walk to Belizean Shores to eat at their restaurant which is is only okay and priced high enough you would never see a local eat there.
The condos at Coco Beach are beautiful and new. All high end appliances and very nice craftsmanship. Just keep in mind if you plan on eating or drinking anything in your condo, you have to make it into town to shop. Boat is $8.00 each way and it runs every two hours during day and hourly in the evening.
There are several restaurants within walking distance at neighboring resorts. We tried each of them and we were very disappointed. VERY high priced and the food was marginal. Again, the restaurants are designed for tourists only, you will never see a local dining in any of the restaurants nor would they ever pay the prices.
This was our second trip to San Pedro. Over 16 days in San Pedro, we had the opportunity to try many restaurants in town and out. We strongly recommend the Lazy Croc, excellent BBQ food. Also, you must eat at Mangos in town. It is probably the best food on the island. The tackle Box does have good burgers as adverstised.
Bottom line is this, if you are thinking "resort", you will be disappointed. There is no room service, restaurant, entertainment or service of any kind, with the exception of very limited bar service at the pool. But if you are prepared and are willing to pack in your own supplies, you can have a relaxing stay at a beautiful waterfront condo. Maid service is marginal, they do a very basic job.
DO NOT use the tour operator at the Belizean Shores dock. Rude, horrible service and higher prices than you can find in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro