Coco Beach Resort
$295
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$360
$236
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
$170
$280
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$349
  • Pool
$329
The Phoenix Resort(San Pedro)
$350
Official Site
1,451 results
All reviewstuff e nuffswim up barwater taxiin townambergris cayesea view suitegolf cartbeach staffhot tubbelize cityfull kitchentuff enuff tourscool towelssandy pointcave tubingbelizean shoresour honeymoon
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We went to Coco Beach Resort for our honeymoon during the first 2 weeks of October, and the words "perfection" and "luxury" aren't enough to describe this experience. The resort is gorgeous, with freshly manicured sand grounds, clear blue pools of many shades that are almost as gorgeous as the ocean, and architecture that is simply beautiful. We stayed for 14 days, and by the end we just wanted to live there. We were in Casita 1, and while this was hurricane season, there were only a few rainy periods and it was nice to just spend some time in the luxury of our Casita during those times. Other cloudy days opened up to sunny skies, and it was the most beautiful experience of my life.

The staff is amazing. Every single person behind the bar was awesome. They are so fun, and everyone is so accommodating - they define "above and beyond". Service is taken to a level beyond 5 starts at this resort. The recommendations for local food in San Pedro were amazing.. I am now a lover of pupusas, a dish from El Salvador that we had at Pupuseria Tipico Salvadoreno. Amazing. The best part is that the staff was genuinely kind, and we became friends during our stay. Darrell, you were the best, I wish we could have hung out in San Pedro one night as friends. I couldn't possibly ask for more from a resort staff. Our every need was met, and I have never had better or more courteous service on a luxury vacation.

The grounds are so well-kept they are breathtaking. I have photos that look like I was in the movie The Land Before Time. It is just the most amazing place I've been on earth. The ocean water is crystal clear and only 10-15 feet deep all the way out to the reef, so kayaking in the ocean is not only easy and peaceful, but you can see straight down to the sea floor. The pools are kept so clean that they are as worthy of photos as the ocean - thank you to Larry the pool guy ;) Also thank you for the sand art - Krista + Kevin :)

Our room was perfection.. I could live there. A few notes for those who are picky like me with travel.. the air conditioning worked perfectly, which we needed since the days reached 100 degrees. The beds are extremely comfortable, the kitchen has a water filtration system in the fridge, and is fully stocked with everything you need (glassware, plates, blender, etc.). It was always clean, and simply beautiful. I really wish I could just live in Casita 1 forever...

We 100% want to return to this resort.. my husband Kevin and I had such a good time, and being here made us want to live there and become locals. With a mother as a travel agent growing up I have been many places, from Aruba to Costa Rica to Hawaii, and everywhere in between. From the food to the people to the scenery, the only word I can think of to describe this experience is perfection. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krista H
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for just over a week with a group of friends in a two bedroom unit. From the minute we stepped onto the dock the staff was incredibly accommodating and the resort was stunning. Amazing facilities and service and so close to the beautiful town of San Pedro, Coco Beach was the perfect getaway and one of the best trips my friends and I have ever taken. Highly recommend Coco Beach to anyone!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the resort offer incredible views while giving you added privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Petergrant_1989
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed five nights during Thanksgiving week at the 1-bedroom casita. From the time they greet you (after picking you up at the airport and helping you get on the water taxi) at the pier, take you to the reception and your room I was impressed. As time went by it only got better. The staff was very professional, friendly, knowledgeable and always happy to help. The bartenders were great. Breakfast staff was fantastic, greeting us on a first name basis! The place is beautiful: two extra large pools (although one was being remodeled to include warm water in the "swim bar", coffee shop, restaurant, bar at the beach and at the pool. Location is convenient, just a 15-min ride to town by water taxi. They also have snorkeling gear and free kayaks.

Room Tip: Casitas are great (up to four people, one bed and one pull-out sofa) and they also have regular condos.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ManyPlacesToGo
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We just returned from a ten day visit to Belize, staying at the Coco Beach Resort on Ambergris Caye. We were moved from a room near construction, to a third floor two bedroom villa and had wonderful ocean and pool views. The location of the resort was great. We enjoyed snorkeling daily. The resort offers complimentary use of their kayaks and we used them every day to go out to the reef, tie off on one of several buoys, and snorkel for two to three hours. The water is WARM!! About 85 degrees or so. The visibility was good. We saw sting rays and eagle rays most every day we snorkeled. Try humming (they liked listening to "Away In A Manger"!!--"tis the Christmas season!!) and the eagle rays will come close. Jamal was in charge of the kayaks. Always ready with a smile--he was great!! We went on one tour with Searious Tours in San Pedro: Hol Chan Reserve and Shark Alley (nurse sharks and rays). Their $25 tour cost was reasonable and really fun!! The nice, beautiful restaurant (Cocoblanca) at the resort was VERY, VERY pricey. We would recommend Captain Morgan's for dinners instead. Much more reasonable. The bed at the resort was very comfortable. I think all the rooms probably have memory foam mattresses. Really nice!! The large swimming pool was great. They have an island with a water slide and various spots to jump off the island into the ten foot deep water. The ocean is MUCH warmer than the pool!!! Bring plenty of mosquito repellant. The mosquitos are a bit of a problem with all the rain the area is getting. We would highly recommend Coco Beach Resort. The service is great. The rooms are great. The location is great!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SanDiegoTahoe
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Belize for our one year anniversary. Unfortunately we didn't do much research before arriving and didn't know that once we landed in Belize City we needed to purchase an additional plane ticket at the BC airport to get us from BC to San Pedro....so we ended up taking a 20 min taxi ride to a dock that took us on about an hour and a half water taxi ride to San Pedro where the resort finally picked us up and took us on a 10 min ride to our beyond beautiful resort. Upon arriving, we were taken aback by the breath taking sight of Coco Beach. We were greeted by the manager at the dock and were escorted through the property to the lobby where they had rumpunch waiting for us.

The property and staff made our stay wonderful. Jeff was our favorite bar tender. He remembered our names and drinks each time we were around. He also gave us many suggestions on places to go and things to do.

If you're looking for a beach that you can actually access this is not the place for you. They have turtle/ sea grass which makes the beach inaccessible. It appears to be slippery and slimy so we didn't even try. The only place we were able to get in the beach was Xtan Ha...it was about 15 mins away.

We also took a tour of the ruins - Lamanai *Beware* take lots of bug spray and be prepared to spend your whole day traveling. The trip goes like this- 10 min water taxi to San Pedro, 20 mins propeller ride to BC, hour- hour and a half to the dropping point at the river (it's literally under a tagged bridge that is a little scary), then about an hour boat ride to Lamanai. Once you get there it is totally worth it. Plus, the tour guide provides an authentic home cooked Belizean meal.

Other than that we took full advantage of the pool and swim up bar. We did eat at the restaurant at the resort but it was rather expensive so we tried to go to San Pedro for meals as much as possible. One of our favorite places was Palapa.

Had Coco Beach had beach access I would haven given this resort TWO 5 stars .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple