My husband and I traveled to Belize for our one year anniversary. Unfortunately we didn't do much research before arriving and didn't know that once we landed in Belize City we needed to purchase an additional plane ticket at the BC airport to get us from BC to San Pedro....so we ended up taking a 20 min taxi ride to a dock that took us on about an hour and a half water taxi ride to San Pedro where the resort finally picked us up and took us on a 10 min ride to our beyond beautiful resort. Upon arriving, we were taken aback by the breath taking sight of Coco Beach. We were greeted by the manager at the dock and were escorted through the property to the lobby where they had rumpunch waiting for us.
The property and staff made our stay wonderful. Jeff was our favorite bar tender. He remembered our names and drinks each time we were around. He also gave us many suggestions on places to go and things to do.
If you're looking for a beach that you can actually access this is not the place for you. They have turtle/ sea grass which makes the beach inaccessible. It appears to be slippery and slimy so we didn't even try. The only place we were able to get in the beach was Xtan Ha...it was about 15 mins away.
We also took a tour of the ruins - Lamanai *Beware* take lots of bug spray and be prepared to spend your whole day traveling. The trip goes like this- 10 min water taxi to San Pedro, 20 mins propeller ride to BC, hour- hour and a half to the dropping point at the river (it's literally under a tagged bridge that is a little scary), then about an hour boat ride to Lamanai. Once you get there it is totally worth it. Plus, the tour guide provides an authentic home cooked Belizean meal.
Other than that we took full advantage of the pool and swim up bar. We did eat at the restaurant at the resort but it was rather expensive so we tried to go to San Pedro for meals as much as possible. One of our favorite places was Palapa.
Had Coco Beach had beach access I would haven given this resort TWO 5 stars .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro