We stayed here in the begining of October. It was not very crowded because it was low season but places were starting to open up in the area and in San Pedro town.
The resort is a very nice, clean and friendly place. The beach area was nice except for the sea grass. The sea grass makes it difficult to swim and wade in the water.We were able to SUP board every day with the boards provided by the resort.
The pools are nice but it can get crowded by the pool with the slide. We could walk out our patio door and there were people sitting in chairs no more than 10 feet away. A little to cozy for me and I didn't need to hear their conversations while in my room.
I was big time dissapointed by the food at Coco Beach. It is over priced and not very good. Go next door to Captain Morgans or to O's at Las Terrazas for some really good local food.
It was quiet at the bar even at happy hour so we would go to Palapas Bar. Palapas is a must do. The location is fantastic and the food and drinks were excellent. It is easy to get to by the beach road or by golf cart.
We rented a golf cart because the water taxi does not run very often. A golf cart trip to San Pedro Town is an adventure, go slow around the puddles and pot holes and you will have a good time.
The employess at Coco Beach were first rate. They were friendly, helpful and polite. The rooms were kept clean by the friendly hosekeeping staff. We also felt very safe in the area. Late night walks to the neighboring resorts and Captain Morgans casino were no problem even though we were the only people out on a very dark beach.
I will recommend Coco Beach Resort to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro