This was our seond time to stay at Coco Beach Resort in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. We loved it just as much this time as we did 2 years ago! Fun pool, nice staff, clean facilities and rooms and a great location. It is a quiet place...our boys ages 13 and 11 were lucky enough to have another family from CA show up with their boys the same age. They had a great time together. There are restaurants on site and within walking distance or you can take a golf cart or the water taxi to town for dining. We opted for a week long golf cart rental and stocked our own fridge. This was part of our "experience" on the Island. The back road is MORE than bumpy and not for everyone. The water taxi is faster but doesn't allow for you to be flexible with your time in and out of town. You must go on their schedule. Our family provided some goods to one of the local schools, Holy Cross Anglican School. This school is located at the North side of the bridge. They have a wish list on their website. We spoke with Lydia (volunteer coordinator) and had a tour of the school while on the Island. You can rent bikes from the hotel and golf carts if desired. We also rented snorkel equipment for a day and snorkeled at the reef just in front of the hotel. You use the free kayak's to get to the snorkel area. We took two boat tours with Capt. Steve Rubio on the boat No Rush. He and his crew do a great job. We booked this on our own, not through the hotel.
We really liked meeting the front desk staff of Coco Beach as well...Tula, Zoby and Moncho were especially helpful. Larry the Pool Guy will keep you in smiles and towels and keeps a very clean pool, too. Lotion and his wait staff did a nice job with the food orders while Armando, Amir and Dane kept the Pina Colada's flowing. You should also try the Monkey Banana drink with or without rum.
The wind can pick up a bit so I suggest you have a sweater, shawl, long sleeves and/or pants for some evenings. We did need bug spray one night but that was it.
If you want quiet, relaxed and beautiful take a look at Coco Beach Resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro