My family and I stayed at the Coco Beach resort on the penthouse floor. Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time and the hotel room was gorgeous with a breathtaking view. But, I felt that it was ridiculously overpriced, close to $900/night for a 3 bedroom suite. The food at the hotel was not good and also overpriced. The only problem is, to get to downtown San Pedro, you would have to take a water taxi that only runs once or twice every hour with the last taxi returning to the hotel usually at 10p.m. So if you wanted to go to the bars/clubbing in town, you would either have to leave and catch the last taxi at 10ish or wait until the morning when taxi services starts back up again at around 5a.m. This was very inconvenient because we had to plan our day around the taxi schedule. Other than that, this hotel was great. The service was great. The staff was very attentive. From when we first arrived, being greeted by a very nice Belizean lady, to the front desk, to housekeeping. I have to make a special shout out to the pool bartenders, they were very friendly, warm, and was a lot of fun! Tip: instead of buying souvenirs at the airport or gift shops, sit outside of the hotel or rest on a hammock and local people would sure come by and sell you their crafts and other local souvenirs. It's not only cheaper but definitely more authentic too! I'm sure (if you don't mind the price) you will have a good time there! Don't forget to watch the chicken fight ever thursday or tuesday in town, so much fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro