Great rooms - Flat screen TVs, King-sized beds, sauna-like showers, balconies that overlook the pools (wading and swimming). The staff is even more impressive than the rooms - Zoby (she helped me track down a dentist in San Pedro), Deon (bartender) and Michael (bartender) were absolutely a ten on a ten point scale suggesting drinks, food, and making conversation, Larry (pool guy), Noel at the front desk, and Tula (the manager). These are all quality employees of the resort and are equally impressive as people. I would not hesitate to go back and I would recommend this resort to anyone that wants to spend some time at Ambergris Caye. They never talk down the competition and they make great recommendations for activities. You need something, they make it happen. See Oscar on the wharf for snorkeling suggestions.
The only downside and this is something people mention in other reviews is that the restaurant is not yet open. But, Emily and I happened to go in to see what it looked like and it's beautiful. As I understand it, it's only weeks away from being completed. Was it a problem not being open? Not really. There are plenty of places to get something to eat up and down the beach. Coco Beach is an easy walk or bike ride into San Pedro (by bike along the beach about fifteen minutes). There are good restaurants there, as well. There is also a pretty decent grocery that is about 100 yards down the beach toward San Pedro. It's near Captain Morgan's. Go there for rum, souvenirs, water, cokes, snacks, etc. It's painted light green - ask for the green grocery. Breakfast? There's a neat little place for breakfast (croissants, cinnamon rolls, great coffee) on the beach and near the green grocery. The young woman that runs it is fantastic! Sit on the front porch for the ocean view.
Coco Beach Resort - Safe, beautiful, and accommodating - Go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro