I booked this trip as a last minute birthday getaway from the city. I traveled by myself and booked on Orbitz. I was a little shaken up when I landed in Belize City and learned that I need to book and take another flight to San Pedro on Ambergris Island. I assumed all my travel arrangements were made on Orbitz. Luckily I was able to book a last minute flight on Tropic Air (their last flight of the day, 5pm). Once I landed, everything else was handled for me. The resort had transportation via a taxi set up to take me to their own water taxi. It was then about 10 min boat ride on the water taxi to the resort. I was met by Zobey, who gave me a tour of the grounds, map, and was there for the duration of my trip for any of my needs. I had mentioned to her in passing that I was there for my 30th birthday and the following day my room and grounds around my Casita were decorated. It was very sweet and nice to be remembered on my birthday so far away from home.
I didn't realize at the time, but I had booked a Casita, which literally means "little home/house." It was amazing, I can't tell you how beautiful and indulgent it felt to have my own house on the resort. Seriously, the only way to go, or once you go Casita, you can't go back! Everyone knew my name, said hello, and offered help at all times. I felt totally safe.
I would recommend buying snacks in the city otherwise food on the Island gets expensive fast! Also, citronella candles for your TWO decks and bug spray because some of the restaurants on the island are outside and mosquitoes are pesky.
Deon and Joe will take great care of you at the bar, but you can also have your own alcohol in plastic glasses (provided in my casita) by the pool.
I didn't do any excursions, but I indulged in two deep tissue massages that I was able to have right on my porch. Karen was on time, and so sweet. I went right after Thanksgiving (1st week of December) and it was the perfect time to go. Sometimes I had the pool all to myself!
It was a great place to escape the fast pace of the city and reconnect to me! Thanks for the amazing trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning waterfront Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and the island's only airstrip. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, and the island's most incredible free form swimming pool and swim up bar reserved for the exclusive use of our registered guests. Luxurious accommodations, great staff, complimentary kayaking, paddle boarding and weekday water aerobics, various food and beverage options, on call spa services, complimentary WIFI in public areas and onsite vacation planning/concierge service ensure an unforgettable vacation experience. A team of dedicated reservations professionals are available to plan your stay as well as your transfers from the Belize International airport to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro