“Great Spot!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stopped in here one morning for a coffee to go. It was a go cup of diner coffee, but while waiting for it, I noticed the TripAdvisor certificate. The high rating piqued my curiosity, so I looked at the menu. Maria noticed that, and started telling me about their restaurant: scratch cooking, cooked to order. That hooked me.

We at a number of meals here: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For the price and value, it was our favorite restaurant on the island. The menu is limited in scope, but it has everything you need.

Everything we ordered was good, and my kids said these were the best burgers on the island.

The ceviche was delicious.

The breakfast was very good, including the biscuits and gravy. Frankly, I only ordered the biscuits and gravy because I thought they couldn't be good, even though George said they were. If that sounds strange, understand we had eaten there five or six times at this point, and EVERYTHING was good. I was frankly looking for an off dish of some sort, because there almost always is.

Not here. Everything on the menu is good, and tastes like home cooking.

Our favorite meal was when we brought in our catch from our fishing trip. We had the larger fillets grilled, and the smaller breaded and fried. Skip the grilling--George's breading is delicious! The fish was perfectly fried, with nicely seasoned breading. Maria brought us sides of rice and beans, potato salad, and fried plantains. This was a delicious meal, and my daughters both had seconds on the fish. This is the place to take your fresh catch.

For my money, the best value on the island.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I ate here practically every morning. It's all good. Steak and eggs. Pancakes. Belgian waffle. There's a reason many of the expat locals eat here. Best breakfast on the island. Really wanted to try the key lime pie. Looked delicious! Maria has some serious moxie. A bit down the road from downtown, but well worth the trip.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Gregeria and Maria (the owner/operators) are two of the nicest people I have ever met. They treated me like family. Gregeria makes a rum punch that will knock your socks off. The food is wonderful and very modestly priced. My family ate here almost daily for the 10 days we were in San Pedro. I loved it.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The best food at the cheapest price here in San Pedro. Clean inviting and you can get a large cup of coffee at 6:30 am. Staff is very friendly, love there Belizian breakfast

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We loved the food at George's Kitchen and the owners were fantastic. If we would have known ahead of time that smoking was allowed we wouldn't have eaten there in the first place. We sat down and ordered our food. As we waited someone at the table next to us lit up their cigarette. When he finished smoking another person from that same table lit up another cigarette. Our entire dinner had cigarette smoke accompany it and it was totally unappealing. I would rate it a 5 for food and kind owners, but the smoking is a deal breaker for us.