This is our 4th trip to Grand Colony and we will always stay here. We are timeshare owners here and it is one of the best investments we could have made for our vacation experience and value. We own a 3 BR oceanfront villa and it is a 5 star property by a mile. Beautiful huge patio overlooking the ocean. Gorgeous granite countertops in the kitchen with upscale stainless appliances and Cuisinart cookware. We have been here this trip for 3 weeks and have not been disappointed one time. We started our trip with the onset of Tropical Storm Alex and ran out to collect candles and a lantern only to find out that GC actually has a generator! When the power went out around 6 pm we had an immediate phone call from the front desk to make sure we were all OK and assure us that the generator would kick on in less than 5 minutes. True to their word it did and we resumed cooking dinner and having a great time while we looked outside and the rest of the island was dark.
We were also promised wireless internet in the condo and I have been happily Facebooking away and blogging vacation photos. Great wireless connection. The furnishings here are beautiful upscale Belizean mixed with some nice touches from home like Pottery Barn sofas and bedding. We have had fantastic daily housekeeping from Francesca that rivals my cleaning person at home! Whenever I picked up the phone to call for an extra pitcher, a barbecue grill or a large bowl we had one at the door within minutes. Service here is above and beyond!
The pool is absolutely beautiful and very relaxing. The only thing a resort of this caliber really needs is a restaurant and bar but I am informed that they have plans for one very soon so we are looking forward to that on our return. The location is PERFECT! A leisurely walk or bike ride to town but a golf cart is preferred. All of the great restaurants are within 5 minutes on a golf cart. Much better than being way up north where everything is a water taxi or 30 minute golf cart ride on terrible roads away.
Wonderful experience as always and so glad we made the investment that we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Colony Island Villas features luxurious suites. 3 bedrooms beachfront, 3 bedrooms partial sea view and 2 bedrooms partial sea view. Located by the beach less than a mile from downtown San Pedro, with spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea and the barrier reef. Kitchen is fully equipped, central air conditioned, with washer and dryer. Pier 366 Seafood House by the beach serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reserve a tour with the onsite dive-shop and tour center or just relax in our 3-tiered fresh water pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Colony Island Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Colony Island Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Colony Island Villas Belize/San Pedro