Our family has just returned from a trip to San Pedro and Stayed at the Grand Colony Villas. It is THE place to be because of the convenient location, excellent service, and comfortable amenities.
Situated on the south end of the island, The Grand Colony is close to two of the best restaurants on the island - Rico’s and Victoria House. There are several good groceries and a fruit stand within a short walk’s distance. Downtown and the airport are minutes away. On the beachfront, there is a dock, which is readily accessible for boats to drop off and pick up. For water activity, the villas overlook the channel that leads to shark ray alley, so snorkeling adventures are easy to reach.
The service at the Grand Colony is impeccable. When we arrived, Frank Habet, the property manager had our golf cart ready, food stocked in the kitchen from the provisioner, and had booked a snorkeling outing for the next day’s adventure. He was gracious and accommodating. The staff was very friendly and assessable. Housekeeping kept the villa immaculate and security kept a watchful eye without seeming omnipresent.
The villas themselves are beautiful with mahogany built-in cabinetry, granite countertops, and a large kitchen. The children loved the big screen TVs in all of the rooms with a variety of channels that satisfied everyone’s interests. I am particularly picky about bedding and enjoyed the sheets and fluffy pillows.
Everything was clean – including the outside areas. The pool never saw a leaf. Even the beach was raked on a regular basis, and that is difficult to maintain due to the sea grass that is a fact of life on the island – hence the opulent seas life.
I cannot imagine staying anywhere else on the island and recommend that you check it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Colony Island Villas features luxurious suites. 3 bedrooms beachfront, 3 bedrooms partial sea view and 2 bedrooms partial sea view. Located by the beach less than a mile from downtown San Pedro, with spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea and the barrier reef. Kitchen is fully equipped, central air conditioned, with washer and dryer. Pier 366 Seafood House by the beach serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reserve a tour with the onsite dive-shop and tour center or just relax in our 3-tiered fresh water pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Colony Island Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Colony Island Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Colony Island Villas Belize/San Pedro