“Expecations too high”
Review of Blue Water Grill

Blue Water Grill
Ranked #24 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Asian, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Blue Water Grill is located beachfront at The Sunbreeze Hotel in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye Belize. We serve island style cuisine in an open air setting overlooking the Caribbean. We are ideal for special occasions and larger groups. Great food and a great atmosphere. We would love to have you join us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had a lot of high expectations for Blue Water Grill. After reading multiple reviews and hearing from others that this was a top-notch place I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed. We went for their sushi night on Tuesdays and I would NOT recommend this. The Sushi was not nearly as fresh as one might have thought and being from California it was nothing in comparsion to what I can get at my local spots. In addition, the price for what we got in my opinion was unreasonable. They had great service and a nice view and location. I would avoid sushi night here and stick to the regular menu, you might have better luck than we did.

There are newer reviews for Blue Water Grill

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Had dinner here with my family on our last night in Belize and we really enjoyed the food. The service was quick, and the dishes were fresh. I had the Mongolian pork over rice and it was delicious. The menu offers a wide variety of choices and the food has an "Asian touch" to it.

The location of this restaurant is great, it is right on the beach and there is nothing better than enjoying your dinner while watching the moon shine over the Caribbean sea!

1  Thank sergiotheexplorer
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Since Blue Water Grill was stumbling distance from our hotel (Ramon's Village), we ended up eating here three times during our stay -- one lunch and two dinners. We sampled the fish, ceviche, sushi & tempura (served on Tuesdays and Thursdays), and chicken dishes. All were very good, especially the fish! The wait staff took good care of us on all of our visits, particularly the bartenders when we sat at the bar. The dining room is spacious, and has a nice view of the beach and lagoon.

2  Thank Lori Q
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had lunch here on a very rainy day. After being seated we were all given towels to dry off. They also had a free to use insect spray to borrow which was helpful as there a few mosquitos about.
Extensive menu. Fish Tacos were great as were all the rest of our parties meals. Pleasant enough spot with a sea view.
Was very busy when we were there and food service was a little slow. Surprised at this as everywhere else looked very quiet. We were in no hurry however they knocked 10% off the bill even though we never asked.
Would return for lunch.

2  Thank Richard42
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My family had dinner at the Blue Water Grill our last evening in Belize. It was fabulous! The food was delicious, the service perfect and the atmosphere was fun! We wished we would have gone there ealier in our trip. We are going back again next year and will definintely return to the Blue Water and try their other rest. as well. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Heidi F