We had the orange cabana with the front view of the ocean. You can read all the other reviews...our experience was very similar. Staff was great, the property fantastic, a phenomenal value, etc.
DO NOT buy cereal, dairy (including cheese) or fruit at the stores. We paid $95 for what in the US would have cost perhaps $25.
DO bring kleenex and some ice tea/drink mix like Crystal Light or Mio and you'll save a bundle. Also bring a flashlight as at night it is gorgeously darker than dark. Its a long way to town by bike and the food choices there cost much less and, in my opinion, were much better than the local places. Rent a golf cart and drive to The Baker for cinnamon buns and go to Robin's Kitchen for lunch. You'll be very happy. And hit the dock at night to see the stars splatter across the sky. Kayak out to the reef and bring your own snorkel gear. You'll be happy you did. And for the ladies, my wife strongly suggests you bring a very supportive sports bra, because the roads are pretty brutal and things get to bouncing quite a bit.
We loved the fresh cedar smell each time we returned to the room. Interior lighting seemed dim, but you'll get used to it. Shower power a bit on the weak side, but you won't care after the first day. Be patient with the A/C when you first arrive...after the first few hours of it running, it'll be plenty cool, so don't set it at 16C, you'll just freeze it out. Everything else is so great, these little things just don't matter. The staff smile all the time. Its a really wonderful place and we felt very much at home.
It is spooky how Mara the dog knows who "belongs" and who doesn't. Not sure how that works out.
All in all, if I ever hear of anyone wanting to go to Belize, this is the place I'm telling them to stay because I know how fantastic it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocotal Inn and Cabanas is a beachfront vacation property located 2- 1/2 miles north of San Pedro. There are seven units available for nightly rental. Intimate and low key, Cocotal is still only a bike ride from town in a great up and coming area. Our units are well appointed with fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, cable TV, wifi and maid service. There is an in-ground pool, honor bar, BBQ, and free bicycles and kayaks for guest use - a beautiful property and a great value! This description is based on information provided by the specialty lodging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cocotal Inn & Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocotal Inn And Cabanas
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Hotel San Pedro
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Belize/San Pedro