We had a great stay at Cocotal in the end of January 2014. We stayed in the yellow cabana for five nights. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.
- The cabanas were clean and very nice. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. The staff was great! Ernesto and Tanya were so kind and always available to answer questions. Every staff member we interacted with on the resort was nice and could answer our questions.
- The bikes and kayaks included the room cost are wonderful to have. We used the bikes every day and took the kayak out one day.
- Jesus picked us up from the airport and took us to get groceries. I would recommend buying everything you need then, especially if you are not staying long. It is a little bit of a trek to get back into town and we usually did it on the bikes (about 25-30 minutes) which would make taking a lot of groceries back difficult. Cocotal has a golf cart you can rent, but if you know what you want you should just get it while you have a car driving available to you.
- There are plenty of restaurants nearby (Capricorn, White Sands, Aji, Ak Bol) and the town has good restaurants as well.
- We used the White Sands dive shop to go snorkeling twice. It is conveniently located right next-door and they have a lot of tours. All the guides are great, but we especially liked Bernie.
- The water pressure was not very strong in our cabana. We usually had pretty warm water but it was not always hot. It was not a huge issue, but definitely something to note.
- The sand flies were terrible, this is not Cocotal’s fault, but make sure you bring and wear bug spray. I did not one night and I paid for it.
Other things to note:
- Bring a flashlight to walk around at night.
- Everything is causal so need to bring dressy clothes.
- There is no shampoo or conditioner in the rooms, however there is bar soap and hand soap. You can also buy shampoo in the grocery store in town.
- The room has a coffee maker so buy coffee when you are in town.
- The location worked well for us. It is a little ways from town but we liked the privacy. You can easily get to town by day, but getting back and forth at night would be difficult.
- The beach is small but there are a couple of chairs to relax in and you can bring the pool chairs over if all the beach chairs are full. The dock was great and the hammocks were lovely.
- I had no problem with this cabana but I thought the orange one had the best view since you could see the water from there; however the yellow had more privacy. The beachfront casita has the best view.
- Overall it was a great stay and I would recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocotal Inn and Cabanas is a beachfront hotel and vacation property located 2- 1/2 miles north of San Pedro. There are eight units available for nightly rental. Intimate and low key, Cocotal is still only a bike ride from town in a quiet area of resorts and private homes. Our units are well appointed with fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, cable TV, wifi and maid service. There is an in-ground pool, honor bar, BBQ, and free bicycles and kayaks for guest use - a beautiful property and a great value! This description is based on information provided by the specialty lodging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cocotal Inn & Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocotal Inn And Cabanas
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Hotel San Pedro
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Belize/San Pedro