Our recent 8 night stay at the Cocotal Inn was fantastic. The people that work there are part of the reason. Ernesto, in the office was the most helpful office manager I have ever experienced. He went out of his way to arrange or provide for any requests. The housecleaning staff are very particular about keeping the resort clean and the rooms are spotless. As well the grounds keepers worked from morning until sunset keeping the property looking beautiful. We loved the location which is far enough from town to make it serene and peaceful at night, but close enough to ride the complimentary bikes there on a daily basis. It's about 2 miles by beach path and takes about 20 minutes. ( I might suggest here to bring along a gel bike seat cover if you plan to use the bicycles as much as we did!) Golf carts are available for rent but we did not feel the need to rent one. However, perhaps a one day rental is a good idea just to let you go and explore the rest of the island one day. Water taxi service is also available from the pier right next door though from what we could see this can be a bit unreliable from a time schedule point of view. You could spend as much time waiting for the taxi as you could to bike there.
The complimentary airport pick up and grocery stop after you arrive at the San Pedro airport was a really nice bonus. I do suggest you fly to and from the island as the time you save ( 2-3 hours) for the slightly additional cost is SO WORTH it!! You can ask your driver to stop at the Greenhouse grocery store for you to pick up some supplies. It is right across the street from the LIquor Box which sells the cheapest liquor in town and right beside the liquor box is a vendor that sells rotisserie chickens so, you can pick one up for dinner your first night. This is a great idea if you and later in the evening as it gets dark at 5:00pm so it's hard to explore. There are many restaurants within an easy walk on either side of Cocotal and though a bit pricey the Capricorn served fantastic food.
In conclusion, I recommend that you choose the Cocotal Inn as you will not be disappointed. We saw many people walk by and look longingly at our quiet little boutique hotel. Many of them took photos of the sign and I can only presume it was for planning their next trip. We too will be returning :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocotal Inn and Cabanas is a beachfront hotel and vacation property located 2- 1/2 miles north of San Pedro. There are eight units available for nightly rental. Intimate and low key, Cocotal is still only a bike ride from town in a quiet area of resorts and private homes. Our units are well appointed with fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, cable TV, wifi and maid service. There is an in-ground pool, honor bar, BBQ, and free bicycles and kayaks for guest use - a beautiful property and a great value! This description is based on information provided by the specialty lodging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cocotal Inn & Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocotal Inn And Cabanas
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Hotel San Pedro
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Belize/San Pedro