Imagine going to bed every night with the ocean breeze massaging you to sleep. We stayed for 2 weeks and never used the air conditioning. The homes are fabulous and are well appointed. We were there with three kids 10 and under and had everything we needed to live very well. The staff was so friendly and always responded quickly to any requests we had and even took time to entertain the kids during the lazy days of hanging out. The location is right in the middle of heaven. Far enough away from San Pedro yet close enough to go into town when you need to. The beach is beautiful and a 15 minute Kayak ride off the beach takes you to the reef and fabulous snorkeling. You can see hundreds of feet underwater. Another 20 minutes paddling and your at Mexico rocks which is a tour destination for diving and snorkeling.
A 15 minute walk South to ROJO offers a nice restaurant/bar/market and 5 minutes North is Portofino Resort and restaurant. Jan and Sandra are very friendly and welcoming. It is a cool place to hang out.
The property at La Perla is very comfortable and its real easy to hang out all day and do nothing if you want. The staff has great relationships with the local tour companies and can set up some very fun excursions. We did a couple day trips and truly enjoyed them. The Maya ruins and shark alley were two of our favorites. The kids are still talking about it.
I highly recommend La Perla del Caribe and we will be returning for another round of Belize R&R.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strolling lazily down a tropical white sand beach, a soothing azure sea lapping rhythmically at your feet, a Caribbean breeze stealing away the cares of the world as it brushes gently across your face… This is La Perla Del Caribe Resort.This Luxury Ambergris Caye Resort is located on the north end of Ambergris Caye, the most popular vacation destination in Belize. La Perla Del Caribe captures the Caribbean ambiance of Belize in elegance and luxury. You can relax in the modern indoor-outdoor style of your private beach villa between trips to the pool and snorkeling - just offshore lies one of the top ten dive sites in the world, the pristine Belize coral reef. Or you can enjoy the vibrant life of the island – participate in village fiestas or sample local and international cuisine in the restaurants and clubs.Set off on sun-soaked Caribbean adventures to ancient Mayan ruins and scuba diving at the famous Great Blue Hole.Relax on your private mahogany sun bed and watch the herons stroll through the shallows. Laze by the pool while taking in a miraculous sunset.We are here to bring you the once in a lifetime Caribbean vacation experience, unlike any other Ambergris Caye Resort, that can only be... La Perla Del Caribe.Your Ambergris Caye Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Perla Del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Del Caribe Hotel San Pedro
- La Perla Del Caribe Belize/San Pedro