Let me start out by saying if you are looking for a place to stay that has restaurants and a bar on site, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a place to relax, have a great weekend with friends and family, willing to try new things and experience new places, this is the place. If you visit their website the videos do not do in justice. The place was beautiful, clean, spacious. From the beginning you are met at the airport by taxi that is arranged for you. The driver will stop off at the local stores for you to purchase food and drink that you may want for the first couple days. Then you are transported to a water taxi for the trip out to La Perla. Once there you are met on the dock by either Renee or Toshiba. Wonderful men that make sure you are settled in and all your questions are answered. These two were at our beck and call when ever we had questions about the villa, the island, excursions, resturants, really anything.
We had a group of 10 and did things together but also apart. We did purchase the 7 day water taxi pass for traveling back and forth to San Pedro and the other resorts on the island. It was worth it considering we traveled up and down the island often. La Perla was a great place to call home for a week. We had our own bedrooms and bath for privacy, but also the common areas to talk about our days and have a couple drinks with good friends. This is definately a pplace we will visit again thanks to all the efforts of Renee, Toshiba, and Blanca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strolling lazily down a tropical white sand beach, a soothing azure sea lapping rhythmically at your feet, a Caribbean breeze stealing away the cares of the world as it brushes gently across your face… This is La Perla Del Caribe Resort.This Luxury Ambergris Caye Resort is located on the north end of Ambergris Caye, the most popular vacation destination in Belize. La Perla Del Caribe captures the Caribbean ambiance of Belize in elegance and luxury. You can relax in the modern indoor-outdoor style of your private beach villa between trips to the pool and snorkeling - just offshore lies one of the top ten dive sites in the world, the pristine Belize coral reef. Or you can enjoy the vibrant life of the island – participate in village fiestas or sample local and international cuisine in the restaurants and clubs.Set off on sun-soaked Caribbean adventures to ancient Mayan ruins and scuba diving at the famous Great Blue Hole.Relax on your private mahogany sun bed and watch the herons stroll through the shallows. Laze by the pool while taking in a miraculous sunset.We are here to bring you the once in a lifetime Caribbean vacation experience, unlike any other Ambergris Caye Resort, that can only be... La Perla Del Caribe.Your Ambergris Caye Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your La Perla Del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Del Caribe Hotel San Pedro
- La Perla Del Caribe Belize/San Pedro