My boyfriend and I (27 and 25) and his father found La Perla through a Groupon deal and decided to try Belize for the first time. Thanks to this wonderful resort, the trip was one of the best of our lives. Before our trip, we gave the staff at La Perla the information for our flight into Belize City and they took care of everything from there, scheduling our short flight from Belize City to San Pedro, a taxi service to take us from the airport to the waterfront, and a private water taxi to take us up the coast to the resort. Our travel plans went very smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing.
We stayed in Villa Sand, one of the 2 bedroom cottages right on the beach, which was beautiful inside and all very clean and well-maintained. The full kitchen had all of the equipment we needed to cook, and we ordered provisions ahead of time (recommended on the La Perla website) so we didn’t have to worry about grocery shopping. The view from our front deck was unbelievable, and the constant breeze kept the temperature cool throughout the villa and kept the bugs away.
Our concierge, Enrique, arranged all of our activities for us through SeaDuced by Belize (I definitely recommend any of their trips--we did the Lamanai ruins and zipline/cave tubing). On the days that we did the trips, we were picked up right on the end of our pier, and our travel and meals were all included. Enrique was great about planning the trips to fit your schedule, the weather, etc. and came by daily to make sure we had everything we needed. On days that we stayed at the resort we were able to relax by the gorgeous pool and take the complimentary kayaks out. There is a restaurant/resort a few piers down that rents snorkel equipment for cheap, so we were able to kayak out to the reef right from the resort and do some amazing snorkeling whenever we pleased.
Overall, our vacation was outstanding, and the staff at La Perla took care of all of our needs so we were able to sit back and relax. The accommodations were an ideal mix of modern conveniences with natural island beauty, and we felt like we got a five star vacation at a three star price. We will definitely be back, and I highly recommend this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strolling lazily down a tropical white sand beach, a soothing azure sea lapping rhythmically at your feet, a Caribbean breeze stealing away the cares of the world as it brushes gently across your face… This is La Perla Del Caribe Resort.This Luxury Ambergris Caye Resort is located on the north end of Ambergris Caye, the most popular vacation destination in Belize. La Perla Del Caribe captures the Caribbean ambiance of Belize in elegance and luxury. You can relax in the modern indoor-outdoor style of your private beach villa between trips to the pool and snorkeling - just offshore lies one of the top ten dive sites in the world, the pristine Belize coral reef. Or you can enjoy the vibrant life of the island – participate in village fiestas or sample local and international cuisine in the restaurants and clubs.Set off on sun-soaked Caribbean adventures to ancient Mayan ruins and scuba diving at the famous Great Blue Hole.Relax on your private mahogany sun bed and watch the herons stroll through the shallows. Laze by the pool while taking in a miraculous sunset.We are here to bring you the once in a lifetime Caribbean vacation experience, unlike any other Ambergris Caye Resort, that can only be... La Perla Del Caribe.Your Ambergris Caye Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Perla Del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Del Caribe Hotel San Pedro
- La Perla Del Caribe Belize/San Pedro