“BAD is the BEST!!”
Review of The Belize Academy of Diving - CLOSED

The Belize Academy of Diving
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I'll admit it, I read but never write. But I just have to for these guys, they were so friendly and knowledgable!! 5 girls ranging wildly in ability. We did a snorkel trip to Hol Chan. Kirk made those not so comfortable in the water feel safe and they completely enjoyed themselves- they were so glad they did it. He also got my to swim thru a cave about 12' down, so amazing! He knew everything about the marine life. At Shark Alley he actually caught a 6' shark for us and let us pet it, as well as a ray!! Absolutely the highlight of my trip to Belize and I can't wait to go back!! That being said watch out if you are staying at the resort where BAD's dock is. They are absolutely thieves and not only did we get money stolen by housekeeping, but the front desk tried to overcharge us when we wanted to book our trip with BAD, so he could pocket the extra. BAD said it wasn't the first time they heard of that happening, so play it safe and contact BAD directly. Thank you guys for the most amazing snorkeling of my life!!

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I noticed there havent been any reviews here in a really long time. That is unfortunate because these guys are a really a first rate operation. They are very big on safety which is great. The owner Francois was funny and welcoming. Kirk was our divemaster and Giovanni our capt. They took us on awesome dives and took amazing care of us. Very knowledgable of the area and marine life. Some really nice guys. Thanks "BAD boys" your awesome!

1  Thank laketahoern
Reviewed November 26, 2009

My wife and I just got back from Belize and we had the absolute pleasure of diving with the Belize Academy of Diving (aka...BAD). Captin Kirk and Diver Master Gio were the best, most professional yet fun, people we have ever experienced in the diving industry. Craig (the operator) was the most knowledgeable individuals in the Belize diving market. Just can't say enough great things about the staff and the dives.

Reviewed January 29, 2009

My wife and I were their April 2008 and stayed at the Costa Maya Resort. I could not believe how great we had it with BAD right at our dock! The service was incredible with the ease of our gear being taken care of. Not only did they keep it locked up safe but had it on the boat ready for diving. All we had to do is walk up and being met with nothing but happy people and smiles from staff. George and Gio always had you smiling and forgetting your worries back home. Just how a vacation should be. Amy was always fun but hard to keep from laughing with her quaker underwater. The dives were stunning. We got great pictures and video and a lifetime of friends. We met some divers there and they told us they tried other dive operaters in San Pedro and said it did not compare to BAD. We will be backmanytimes to come. We look forward to seeing the friends at BAD soon.

1  Thank chiefsafety
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Craig builds confidence in new divers through his expertise and careful guidance. BAD is the perfect place to discover scuba!

1  Thank rash0