All reviewstackle boxsan pedrohol chan and shark ray alleyfishmexico rocksdive masterdive shopbudget roombarrier reefbaby oilboat trafficnurse sharksaquarium restaurantremote locationminute boat ridesea grassgreat snorkeling
Reviewed December 20, 2006

Two Weeks vacation at Tranquility Bay Resort
Magnificant country
November 21 - 12/3/06

Reviewer: TRANQUILITY BAY RESORT is a tranquil, beautiful, family oriented and safe place to take a vacation. My husband and I, and another couple, just returned from Tranquility Bay Resort. We loved the area, the cabanas with cooking facilities and the Tackle Box Beach Bar/Restaurant. The food is excellent including daily-caught fish and lobster as well as other entrees. Wonderful fresh fruit is also available. How could we ask for more?

Pany, the resort manager, is a very colorful and friendly person who is known all over Belize. His office manager, Neria, and her staff are wonderful and very helpful. The local personnel are always willing to help where and when needed and provide daily maid service.

The beach front cabanas and the property are well maintained. Beautiful cocoanut palms are scattered along the white sandy beach and the area is surrounded by a coral reef, the second largest in the world. On the deck of the Tackle Box Sea Bar you can see Eagle Rays and other types of fish swimming nearby.

We took a trip to the Lamanai Mayan Ruins. They were very impressive. Other side trips are available as is deep sea fishing, snorkeling and diving.

We would certainly recommend this resort to anyone and would definitely go back again. If you are looking for a place to just get away and relax, this is definitely the place to go.

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank Aliah
Reviewed November 6, 2006

My husband and I and our two teenage daughters stayed for several days in August. It being off season, we had almost the whole place to ourselves. We ALL had an incredible time sailing (over, around and onto the coral!), snorkeling and kayaking. The cabanas were beautiful and we were very impressed with the incredible woodworking on the ceilings, stairways and cabinets. But most importantly the staff was amazing. Pany is truly the greatest host one could have and the chef and bar staff were so friendly and helpful we always felt like we were amongst friends. The food was often fresh from the ocean and even the kids loved it! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank Delmartraveler
Reviewed October 30, 2006

My wife and I visited Belize in September and stayed at
Tranquility Bay Resort near San Pedro in Ambergris Caye. We loved it! It was so beautiful and relaxing. The cabanas were very and clean and had a full kiychen in each unit. All had hand done furniture, woodwork and ceilings. We fished, kayaked and snorkeled on the reef everyday wich was just feet from the front of our room . The staff was excellent and Panny even helped us organize a trip to the ruins and few miles away. The food was very good...we had fresh fish and lobster almost every day. The Tackle Box Bar owned by the resport (over the water in the pictures) had vistors all throught out the day, people from all over the world. My wife and i had a great time, enjoyed the good weather, food and service. It was great fun and a beautiful place to relax.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mryancha
Reviewed October 25, 2006

Ahhhhhh..... home again. Our second trip to Tranquility Bay was just as nice or better than the first. Great snorkeling, excellent fishing with Pany and long walks on miles of deserted beach make for a perfect holiday.... again.

It was our 25 anniversary so a special holiday was planned in a special place. We saw the sun for 7 straight days, not a drop of rain and although breezy at times, (it was welcome to keep the sun from baking us) we could not have asked for better weather. Shelly prepared excellent meals and Elito, Elmer, Steven, and Pany were always available if we needed anything.

Tranquility Bay is a resort to get you away from the hustle and bustle of day to day life. You can do nothing or as much as you want ie. sailing, fishing, snorkeling, etc. If you feel the need to go to town, Pany will be happy to take you. We enjoyed watching the Eagle Rays sailing in front of the Tackle Box every night as well as the resident Tarpoon and the daily visits by the large Horse-eye Jacks. There was always something happening.

If you need a place to relax I would highly recommend this resort. I have been twice now and I intend to go back again. Its like heading out to the summer cottage, but alot nicer.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank orb56
Reviewed October 17, 2006

I've never writen one of these but my experience at Tranquility Bay has sent me to the computer. Where do I start when I've just been to Paradise? The whole experience was so relaxing yet I was never bored and neither were my 3 children. With 2 teenagers that's saying alot. Sailing the Hobiecat, windsurfing & snorkling right in your own front "yard" was amazing! The individual Cabanas were nicely decorated and charming. There was plenty of room for our family of 5. The furnishings & incredible hardwood ceilings made us feel like we were in a luxurious private hideaway.

I have to commend the staff on their unfailing courtesy & helpfullness. They went out of their way to accomodate us & help us enjoy our stay.

We especially enjoyed the Tackle Box over the water. It made our meals extra without being stiffly formal. The food was delicious & the views quite phemonminal! How many places can you watch dolphins breakwater from the deck of your restuarant? Pany & Elito anticipated our needs & provided added sparkle to our days there. Most unusual is that for the fist time I can remember, all of my childern want to return to this vacatiom spot!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family