“A Wonderful day in crystal clear water”
Review of Shark Ray Alley

$95.00*
Hol Chan Marine Park, Shark Ray Alley and Caye Caulker Tour from Ambergris Caye
$66.98*
and up
Belize Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley Snorkel Tour from Ambergris...
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Ecologic Divers provided a combination Snorkel / SCUBA tour for my group of 13 out of San Pedro on an upscale Catamaran. All equpment was first class as was the ship crew and dive master. The group consisted of a 9 year old that swims like a fish to a Grandma that could not swim at all and had never been snorkeling. The snorkel guide was great and everyone enjoyed a spectacular day,.....even grandma on her first ever snorkel tour. Lots of fish, sharks, rays, sea turtles, and colorful coral reef.

2  Thank zekewolf
There are newer reviews for Shark Ray Alley

Reviewed January 12, 2011

While being on a cruise, docking in Belize city, we aranged for a private tour with Ivar March snorkleing in Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley.It was a fantastic day as we had 15 and ALL were very pleased with the trip.Amazing sharks,giant Rays, sea turtles, HUGE Pompano,and many other schools of fish and even a Grouper as large as our boat!!
I must give credit to our guide Ivar Marchand (who I found via Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic).He is an amazing guide with so much knowledge about his country and the ecological system of the area AND was very careful with our time well spent as this areas is quite some distance from the cruise ship dock.
We managed to get off the ship on the first tender and Ivar was wating for us with a lovely , private vessel captained by Tony and with Wolfe as our dive master.So...there were 3 guides for the 15 of us.
A beautiful fun boat trip through the mangrove areas and to Caye Caulker to pick up the Hol Chan tickets and supplies and then on to Hol Chan for some beautiful PRIVATE snorkeling in pristie waters with lots of fish and other wildlife.
Ivar is very patieint with all levels of snorkleing but since several of us are divers, Wolfe took us to some skin diving areas where we were able to dive among some coral underpasses...Awesome..After some snacks of chips and salsa and fruit and soft drinks we went the short distance to Shark Ray Alley where the sharks and rays came to us immdeiately.What fun! We snorkeled between the grassy area and sandy bottom and amongst the coral to see these fellows in their natural habitat as oppposed to only being "chummed" up. The 15 and 17 years old boys on our trip thought this was the BEST excursion ever!! and it was nice to GET AWAY from the cruise ship passengers. After our snorkeling we went to Caye Caulker "to chill"and for a "delicious lunch at de split"in Ivar's own words, and provided by him.It was a tasty meal of island style chicken, rice and beans and cole slaw that everyone devoured!!! We had arragned for Ivar to get us some local Beliken beer and Travelrs Belize rum..which was a real hit!!! We stayed at "de split" for as long as time would allow and then headed back to the ship's tender in plenty of time for a little shoppping. What a perfect day with lots of action between times of relaxation.. Ivar is so personable and we had been communicating for several months..he even called me 3 times to help confirm our arrangements. He will take you ANYWHERE in Belize and I have read does awesome tours of the cave tubing and other jungle attractions.We all LOVED him as well as Captain Tony and dive master, Wolfe.THANK YOU Ivar and team for the best day ever in Belize!
I have Ivar's email address if anybody wants to communicate with him

5  Thank sueh2oski
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I went on this daytrip with a guide named Travis, and 2 other guides - they were all great fun, we experienced fairly calm waters for snorkelling but just when we were finishing up - the wind and rain started up and I felt so lucky to barely miss that weather - it would have made the snorkelling very difficult. Although there weren't many sharks, there were tons of stingrays and they swam all around us! The reef was pretty, lots of big colorful fish and corals to admire. That part was fantastic. The lunch we got on San Pedro Island was basic but nice, after we had worked up big appetites. The island itself was quiet but cute - I did buy some small souveneirs but mostly window-shopped. There was a lot of art and local crafts for purchase. The locals were very friendly and offered to show me around and give directions.

1  Thank sunshower82
Reviewed May 10, 2010

The best snorkeling my husband and I have ever experienced. Grumpy & Happy (both very jovial) brought us to Shark ray alley and we saw sharks, an eagle ray, giant sea turtle, tons of giant fish. The flight to San Pedro was even an experience. Saw giant sea turtles out the window from the plane. Grumpy & Happy are very patient and accommodating. I was more comfortable hanging out on the outside of the reefs so Jolene stayed with me while my husband wanted to get right in there and Lorne made sure he was able to safely do so. Worth every penny!!!

2  Thank bradenbunch05
Reviewed May 1, 2010

We did a half-day trip to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley during our March 2010 trip to Belize. The marine reserve in particular was amazing, with a huge diversity of fish, coral, and clear water. Shark Ray Alley was a novelty, and we did see several sharks and numerous rays, in addition to a nice variety of fish. Doing the two together made for an unforgettable snorkeling experience which capped off our trip to Belize (we also did the Baboon Sanctuary, Zip Lining, and Cave Tubing). I highly recommend that you include this tour into your trip. We chose Seaduced as our tour company and were very pleased with the individual attention and knowledge from our guide. There are other great tour companies, so look around and find one that meets your needs and budget. Above all, GO TO SHARK RAY ALLEY and take an underwater camera to catch the action! :)

1  Thank Samadmz