“Must have been off night!”

Rendezvous Restaurant &Winery
Ranked #91 of 208 Restaurants in Ambergris Caye
Cuisines: French, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A romantic get away from town.,Serving Thai/ French fusion cuisine
Largo, Florida
“Must have been off night!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were a large group of 11 including 3 children. They knew we were coming but had done nothing I could see to prepare for us. The waitress must have been new because she was the worst I have had to interact with on the island. Her attitude was passive like you get most of the time in the Bahamas where once you get the job you don't have to put any effort into it.

It took forever to get anything and a simple request for bread seemed to be something she had never heard of before and a completely unreasonable request.

The food was basically thrown at us. I had ordered a pate appetizer and it came and a second later she stood there with the main order. I told her to take it back as there wasn't room on the table. I heard Coleen say it won't be good cold when she saw it back on the serving bar. My wife actually got her main course before the soup she ordered. In my view this is an unforgivable blunder and then standing there and basically demanding my wife move her soup (and there was no room on the table to move it to) so she could set down the main course is frankly if nothing else - stupid.

Even though we couldn't get simple things when we asked for them all the food was served at one time and as I said basically thrown at us with the waitress standing there holding the food and waiting for us to make room on the table for her to place it.The food itself was adequate but no where near as good as on previous visits.

I can only assume this was a bad day for some reason but we were still very disappointed. I didn't say anything though as Glen has banned me before when I commented on the astoundingly bad so called wine he concocts.

The bartender from downstairs came up and help set up the table for the group and was friendly and likeable. The only good part of the event was his helpful and friendly attitude.

I like Coleen and I think she must be in a very difficult situation there but I probably won't go back, other than for a drink, until something changes and the owner and staff attitudes change.

I also think the food is terribly overpriced for what it is.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank ChiefExec

Cerritos, California
“Beach side Surprise”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

You've been on the island for a few days and would like to have a very good, relaxing evening and a good bottle of wine....find your way to Rendezvous. This is a small quaint dining room with comfortable decor and welcoming staff.

The converted house creates a small but welcoming ambiance. The food is great. Surprise your taste buds with a bit of Asian Fusion to mix up your island vacation. Everything we tried was fantastic and we were telling everyone the next day. The only dish that was a bit strange was the Pad Thai...it was a unique rendition, so maybe not the most recommended....but everything else was tasty and tastily exotic.

They offer a variety of wines, including their own vintage. I tried their wine and was very pleased with it. It was not expensive, a bit young and light, not overly fruity... but don't expect a hearty round Cab, but it went well with the meal and was very drinkable.

The dining room is very small, so do call ahead.

You can expect an excellent meal and a relaxing evening at Rendezvous.

• Visited December 2013
Louisville, Colorado
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

What a wonderful dining experience! The food was outstanding. The Owner (Colleen) and the staff were incredibly friendly. They made my birthday extra special. The best food on the Caye!

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Bad food, bad service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I ordered the Pad Thai and I couldn't even eat it. The chicken was fatty and the tangy sauce was horrible. I asked the waiter to take it away and he did. A few minutes later I heard the staff talking about me in Spanish saying how they didn't understand how I didn't like it. I understood what they were saying and I didn't need a translator to tell me how rude and unprofessional it is to talk about customers in a different language a few feet away from me. I was so nauseated from the dish that I didn't want to order anything else on the menu. I then got the bill and was charged for the inedible meal as well as the tap water on the table. The restaurant was run down, the service was poor and the food was not edible. Don't waste your time or money. In my 10 days in Belize, this was the only disappointment.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Jane F
turtleBelize, Owner at Rendezvous Restaurant &Winery, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Phad Thai is one our most famous dishes. Infact we sold 12 that night and your dinner companion Also did and enjoyed it
The Chef personally came out and offered you something else and you declined.
The staff subsequently offered you an appetizer, dessert,what ever you desired. You declined
We only use chicken breast. Perhaps you mistook shrimp for fat?
Bottom line is you were in a bad mood and decided to take it out on us.
We did everything in our power to accommodate you.You refused.
Please don,t come back. You,d probably be happy with some ramen noodles anyway.
Belize
“best seafood”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Amongst other items we chose the King Crabs and Stone Crabs . . . both hard to find anywhere else on this island.

The crabs was well prepared and therefore easy to crack . . . a delicious meal, unmatched by any other restaurant on this island.

The service was excellent and I can highly recommend this restaurant !

• Visited November 2013