“Excellent!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A romantic get away from town.,Serving Thai/ French fusion cuisine
Reviewed January 20, 2014

What a wonderful dining experience! The food was outstanding. The Owner (Colleen) and the staff were incredibly friendly. They made my birthday extra special. The best food on the Caye!

There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Restaurant &Winery

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I ordered the Pad Thai and I couldn't even eat it. The chicken was fatty and the tangy sauce was horrible. I asked the waiter to take it away and he did. A few minutes later I heard the staff talking about me in Spanish saying how they didn't understand how I didn't like it. I understood what they were saying and I didn't need a translator to tell me how rude and unprofessional it is to talk about customers in a different language a few feet away from me. I was so nauseated from the dish that I didn't want to order anything else on the menu. I then got the bill and was charged for the inedible meal as well as the tap water on the table. The restaurant was run down, the service was poor and the food was not edible. Don't waste your time or money. In my 10 days in Belize, this was the only disappointment.

4  Thank Jane F
turtleBelize, Owner at Rendezvous Restaurant &Winery, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Phad Thai is one our most famous dishes. Infact we sold 12 that night and your dinner companion Also did and enjoyed it
The Chef personally came out and offered you something else and you declined.
The staff subsequently offered you an appetizer, dessert,what ever you desired. You declined
We only use chicken breast. Perhaps you mistook shrimp for fat?
Bottom line is you were in a bad mood and decided to take it out on us.
We did everything in our power to accommodate you.You refused.
Please don,t come back. You,d probably be happy with some ramen noodles anyway.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Amongst other items we chose the King Crabs and Stone Crabs . . . both hard to find anywhere else on this island.

The crabs was well prepared and therefore easy to crack . . . a delicious meal, unmatched by any other restaurant on this island.

The service was excellent and I can highly recommend this restaurant !

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This place has the best Thai I have ever had. We got to hang out with the owners and the staff. I ate the Pad Thai 4 times in 2 days after we discovered it. It was a great time. Again, THE PAD THAI IS UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously, it is THE BEST Pad Thai I have ever had. Most Pad Thai consists of Greasy noodles. This was a great sauce, with great seasoning, enough noodles to make it work, and very little greasy. I like this place and the owners were very cool.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The place was very busy when I got there around 7:15pm so they offered us a table outside, which was fine. We waited at least 20 mins to be able to order. Then another 20 to get water, drinks and bread.
All together it took well over an hour and a half to get our dinner. My friend and I ordered the lobster tail. Nice presentation! Could use a bit more of sauce and vegetables (for the price)
The staff was nice and polite. The owner came over to ask how everything was, and even the chef came over (for a cigarette) after everyone has left the restaurant.