We’re just back from a week at Playa Blanca and fantastic would be an understatement. The previous reviews are spot on and I plan to add a few pictures of our activities with Tacio the boat captain. The photos of the house and grounds are accurate and the services of Marana and Esau are great. The house was spotless when we arrived and was kept that way by Marana visiting several times each day to clean, do the dishes, and laundry. She would wash any cloths you left out for her and return them folded in the late afternoon so be careful not to over pack.
Tacio was there every day at 9am and stayed until about 5pm. He would do any water sport you wanted to including fishing, snorkeling, spear fishing for lobsters, day trips to neighboring islands and sights, and trips to and from town. Tacio picks you up at the airport and takes you to the house with a grocery store stop along the way. He is a wealth of knowledge about things to do and places to go since he grew up on the island. The boat holds 55 gallons of fuel and is full when he picks you up. He stops back by the gas dock on your last day and you pay for the fuel. We did LOTS of boating and used about 42 gallons @ $5/gallon during the week. So be prepared for that final expense.
Transportation is by water only since there is no real road on this part of the island. The water taxi system follows a published schedule but does not come around very often. If you are in town and miss the last taxi you are stuck. Esau can give you the name of a private person who will pick you up at specific times and places and it’s a good idea to use him especially if anyone in your group plans to stay in town very late.
There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance of the house. Our favorite was a local “Jerk” restaurant where we ate one night and returned another night with our own fish and the chef cooked them several different ways and provided veggies for $10/person. The other restaurants served $20-$30 entrées and we did not eat there. Esau also gave us directions to a nearby (very small) market where we picked up a few things during the week. It was about a 20 minute walk one way. I say all that because if you plan to cook at the house very much you really need to plan your grocery trip(s) to town when Tacio is available to take you.
We had a great time and would love to return. If you have any specific questions just drop is a message.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious villa, private boat with captain, personal fishing guide, unlimited fishing trips, snorkel trips, explore the islands, lagoon adventures, kayaks – bicycles, swimming pool. Our luxurious villas are situated on the oceanfront of Ambergris Caye, Belize, six miles north of the quaint town of San Pedro. Panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and the Great Belize Barrier Reef abound. Playa Blanca is private and secluded – yet within walking distance to the finest restaurants on Ambergris Caye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Playa Blanca Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Blanca Villa Hotel Ambergris Caye
- Playa Blanca Villa Belize/Ambergris Caye