“Great Bartenders/Drinks”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Roscoe, Illinois
“Great Bartenders/Drinks”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had a great time. The bartenders serve up some fab drinks! Friendly and fun! Made for some fun times on our trip. Food was good and great beachfront location!

Washington Metro area
“Visit Mambo for the experience”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We enjoyed our evening at Mambo. The boat ride from the Fido's dock starts the experience. I have to admit it was a bit scary zipping along in the enclosed boat with very little visibility through the windshield. I just hoped there were boats in our path that had lost their lighting. After 15 minutes or so we arrived at the dock for Matachica Resort. It's really an experience entering the main building. Great vibe, cool music, stunning ambiance. We were seated relatively quickly at a central table in a beautiful space.

This is an experience like no other in San Pedro. Feels very exotic and definitely a fun place to be. Our food was all well prepared. We started with a couple appetizers including the Mambo Carpaccio and the wonderful Spicy Gazpacho. I especially enjoyed my entree which was the Pesce al Cartoccio. A fish cooked in foil.

I wouldn't say that the food was exceptional but it was quite good. I think it's the combination of the food and the amazing setting, along with a nice level of service that makes this restaurant so memorable. This was our most expensive meal in San Pedro and I wouldn't rush back a second time inside of a week. But I would highly recommend a visit for a special night out.

For our boat ride back to the heart of San Pedro we took the open air speedboat. Again, the ride is a bit scary in the dark waters. And prepare to get a little wet if the water is rough. But I'll remember the star filled sky, San Pedro lights and ocean spray for awhile.

New York City, New York
“Delicious seafood and good value”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Mambo has a more formal vibe to it, but the food and wine are very good. Large menu with items to please everyone and a great wine list.

Visited March 2014
Springfield IL
“Mambo deserves a spot on your trip!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed at Matachica last year and although we were somewhere different on the island this year, we knew we wanted to go back for the food. Their food is above and beyond many others on the island. I can't believe they do not rank higher on the reviews, because trust us... it's the best!!! It is a bit more expensive, but well worth it. One of the amazing things about the staff is that they remembered us from a year ago! They even remembered what hut our friends stayed in! Wow.

Side note: Their homemade pastas are to die for!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Mambo #1”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Sophisticated civilization, much needed. Belize is paradise, but few restaurants I've visited seem to really live up to expectations when I'm in a foreign country. Mambo was a welcome exception. Sexy, relaxed atmosphere, and it's right on the beach to boot. We had a beautiful view of the pier from our table. The waiter was friendly and attentive and didn't pull the same disappearing act that most waiters seem to do in Central America.

My friend got the scallops which looked awesome. Generous portion of scallops and very fresh. I stuck with a chopped salad. The veggies and salad were super fresh and came with a light dressing and a sprinkling of walnuts. Very good. I also ordered the spring rolls. We shared the coconut tempura shrimp as well. Both apps were amazing, loved the sauces they were served with. For desert we had the key lime pie. It was simply served, with a few lime slices, sans whip cream, which I was kind of disappointed about, but it was still good.

We visited last night and are planning to return before leaving San Pedro. A short walk from our hotel, but they also will take you back to your resort by boat, which is cool.