“Hot sushi... ???”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Hot sushi... ???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Serves a variety of sushi to your table, with a place-mat with pictures of various styles of sushi available to guide choices.

Informal atmosphere, more like bar food than fine dining.

Cold sushi was pretty fair. The hot sushi with cheese sauce was a novelty...

• Visited February 2011

Alpharetta, GA
“BEST HIBACHI IN ALPHARETTA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

I've eaten at many Japanese Steakhouses all around Georgia (Benihana, Kani House, Ichiban, etc.) and in other states. YAMATO is by far the Best Hibachi I've ever had!!! There special white sauce is amazing! You need to try it! Lunch is very reasonable priced. Also, My husband and I are picky about our vegetables. This is the only Japanese steakhouse that has ever let us order just zucchini and carrots for our vegetable portion. All other restaurants hassle us. Ask for Fransisco to cook for you. He is great!!! We've been going to Yamato for 6 years and the service is always great! It is a must if you are visiting Alpharetta.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent hibachi lunch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

Excellent hibachi lunch specials.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Alpharetta, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Friendly Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

This place is a sentimental favorite of mine. This is not the restaurant that I go to when I want to be dazzled by presentation and flavor. As a matter of fact, I would rate the sushi as marginal at best. Additionally, the hibachi does not rank above any of the other hibachi joints in town.

Now that I have that out of the way, this is probably my favorite restaurant in Alpharetta for my family. We have a toddler and the staff is so out of the way accomodating for us in the sushi bar. So much so, that on any given Friday or Saturday, you will find us here with two or three other young families having a great time. This may be to the dismay of the other patrons, but you do what you have to with small children!!!

Sometimes a restaurant may not wow you with its food, but it will charm you with making you feel welcome and comfortable. Yamato always delivers on the latter.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great for large parties...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2008

Great for large parties at lunch to get seated quickly. Chef's are great. Best sauces around.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook