“A Very Pleasant Surprise”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed August 5, 2009

This is a very nice hotel, and I'm not just saying that because I was named "Guest of the day" and upgraded to a suite.

The hotel is immaculately clean, the rooms are nicely furnished, and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. All the features I needed or wanted were there -- good wireless internet connection, well-equipped business center (free color printing! stapler!), lots of TV channels. The fitness center has 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, and about a half dozen weight machines. There's a nice looking outdoor pool. The lobby is large and inviting -- saw a lot of people just hanging out and socializing. There's an honor bar, and a snack shop. I guess most rooms may have microwaves, because they sell frozen dinners in the snack shop.

Nice restaurants are close by. Closest (next door) is Yamato Japanese restaurant -- I ate there, but it wasn't as good as other Yamato's I've been to. Also nearby, I saw Ruby Tuesday, Joe's Crab shack, and several other restaurants.

My only concern is the large sign on the front desk warning not to keep valuables in the car, as they've had problems with break ins. Other than that, no concerns.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta

Reviewed July 22, 2009

it was nice and clean, comfy beds and pillows (an important plus!) and they even had an indoor pool and hot tub...awesome! and pretty cheap too....when I went, the rooms were only $66 a night....not bad for a luxury hotel like that:)

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn/Alpharetta for a couple days on business.

Positives:

1. Very conveniently located to many of the business complexes and a variety of restaurants. Quick access to the main routes (Hwy 400) to Atlanta. Seemed like a very safe area.

2. Rooms were comfortable. Internet access was fine.

3. Desk staff was friendly and helpful.

4. Breakfast had a good selection.

Negatives:

1. I thought the $12.99 price for a breakfast was a bit steep.

2. I tried to order a meal in room, and no one picked up the phone.

3. The card on the phone which gives directions to getting a wakeup call is either outdated or the system is in disrepair. I ended up calling the main desk for that.

Overall a good stay with a few minor issues. I'll stay again if I'm in Alpharetta.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Kim F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for informing me and other travelers about your recent stay.

We strive to make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay. We value your business and I will personally share your comments with my dedicated hotel staff.

When your travels bring you back to Alpharetta, i hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed June 13, 2009

This property has the looks of a remodelled Hilton Garden Inn. I do know other HGI that are in better condition. You chough the property is very clean, service is great..

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Very good free breakfast that may have come only because I am a Hilton Honors member, I do not know. The price would have been $10. Room was spotless, internet access free and very strong. One minor complaint: noise from adjoining room.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stayed at the hotel,room was on the 2nd floor. There was a party going on below till past 12:00am. Will not consider Hilton hotels again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2009

I've stayed here on and off over the past couple of years on business. It is average for an HGI. Nothing to really distinguish it from any other. The hotel did go through a period of renovation last year but it looked like it was only in the hallways. I too ended up with double beds more often than not even though I'm Diamond. What was weird, were on 2 separate trips the management stocked the mini-fridge with booze that was free. But that only happened a couple of times. Not sure I'd stay at this hotel again even though my company doesn't have a lot of Hilton properties in the area. There are plenty of sidewalks in the neighborhood to go for a morning run. I could get 5k in doing a couple of laps.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business