“Nice Hotel and Staff”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Because of a large event being held in Alpharetta, we were not able too stay at our favorite hotel.
It was booked completely, so we are trying this one for the first time. The decor of the lobby could be updated, but the condition is fine. King room smaller than what we are accustomed to at this hotel rate. This hotel does have a grill and bar off the lobby and a number of large conference rooms on the lower level. An indoor heated pool, business center and free wi-fi are also offered. A full breakfast is served each day for a fee.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room. 4th floor is nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stefen S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our loyal guest and for taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback id one of our best resources to use in our quest to improve ourselves and provide the best possible experience for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you back to Alpharetta!

770 360 7766

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Defiance, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights last week, and had excellent service from the front desk to the restaurant to the shuttle drivers. Our thanks to Nedra, Megan and Willie for helping us arrange the shuttle each day and for being so kind to us. We had a late dinner in the restaurant which was very good and priced right. Near by there were quite a few other restaurants, a pharmacy and deli for other needs - all within walking distance across the street. We were pleased with the cleanliness of our room and the presence of a business center and laundry. Absolutely would recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I failed to collect the names of two of the best front desk staff members I've ever met! I'll give you my story anyway!

I traveled to Alpharetta a few Saturdays ago and I reached the city sooner than I anticipated. So...being that annoying hotel guest that most front desk staff members dislike, I asked the kind gentleman at the desk if I could check in at 8:30AM! He smiled and responded, "Ha! I'm not sure but let's see if we can work something out." He then requested the assistance of the kind lady who was also at the desk and she searched in her system to find that there weren't any rooms available for an early check-in. They were very nice! Although a room was not available for me, I was blown away by the hospitality they extended!

I only wish I could remember their names! I will return!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank thetravelerTJ
Dear Valued Guest,

The two individuals from that morning were Willie and Megan, they will be delighted to read your response!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I rarely have bad bed experience and I'm a very experienced traveler having spent nearly 2,000 nights in hotel rooms since 1996. And perhaps I was the unlucky one with the bad mattress -- but it was impossible to sleep. The mattress sloped about 3" down from the foot to the head, and about 2" across a side and a there was a sort of crater-like impression as well. As a result, I left after only one night. Now, the staff was terrific and did what was right - they com'd the room. But my frustration is why was this mattress even in the room? There's no way I was the first guest to experience and report this. Also, I don't understand all the great reviews on the condition of the property -- the rooms (floors, walls, doors, furniture) are getting tired. There are much better options in the area and I can't understand why they're rated lower.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AppreciateAdvice
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for completing the survey. Your feedback is very important to us. We strive daily to earn 9 and 10 scores so it was disappointing to see that your experience did not warrant these high scores in a lot of categories.

I apologize you had a bad experience with the bed, and I have taken steps to ensure that our housekeeping staff is reporting any beds that need to be updated or replaced. Our doubles and queens are brand new Serta mattresses and our king beds have a dial on either side to adjust firmness and softness for maximum comfort. We are actively surveying all of the rooms to locate and resolve any similar issues that could affect our guests in the future.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to Alpharetta, you will give us the opportunity to show you that we can deliver exceptional service

Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked 4 rooms at this hotel for a business trip to the area. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from Jenni Brinson, Sr. Corporate Sales Manager, giving me an opportunity to share any needs with her as they were preparing for our stay with them. She was very helpful in sending me a list of restaurants nearby and she answered many questions I had pertaining to the hotel.
The rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast was very good and the staff was so friendly at all times!
i highly recommend this hotel and will visit again if we are in the area again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our loyal guest and for taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback id one of our best resources to use in our quest to improve ourselves, and provide the best possible experience for our guests.

Fort Pierce, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great price and hotel but if you are doing business downtown, it is out of the way & the Marta can be packed. Breakfast is a bit high, but it's not like there are others places to eat at in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Booked this hotel through Hotels.com on 19 June 2014 for arrival on 21 June and leaving the next day. Checked in on the morning of 21 June and the hotel staff confirmed my reservation and gave me two room keys. I left for the rest of the day and my grandson and I arrived back at the hotel at 8 PM that night. At around 3AM Sunday morning, 22 June, I received a call on the room phone. A male voice who never identified himself said I was not booked into the hotel and I had to leave immediately or the police would be called. After that call I called the front desk and there was no answer. I called again a few minutes later and still no answer. I then dressed and went down to the front desk where I met the night manager and several Alpharetta city policemen. The night manager said that there were also police going up to my room to get my grandson. I told the night manager that I had been checked in the previous morning and showed him the credit card I used to confirm the reservation with Hotels.com. He then went back through his records and found out that I was booked into the hotel by their staff the morning before. He said this would never have happened if I would have told him on the phone call he made to the room what my name was. I told him that he never identified himself as the night manager on the phone or any member of the hotel staff. I also told him I had called back down to the front desk twice to check on this and there was no answer. He said he was too busy calling the police. After going back through their reservation records he started to apologize profusely after realizing his mistake and said my room would be "comped". To date my charge has never been removed from my credit card. I've written this review before and it has yet to show on the hotel's web site. I doubt if this one will appear also.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Donald W
Stefen S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear valued guest,

First and foremost I'd like to thank you for being our guest and I offer my sincerest apology. After reading about your experience I am upset that such a severe situation occurred at our property. I am in the process of investigating the situation.

Because I am deeply concerned by the events described I would like to speak with you. The information you provide would be crucial in my efforts to improve our staff's service and to ensure we do not allow this type of incident to occur in the future.

I would appreciate the opportunity to make things right.

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Alpharetta