“Wonderful Hotel Experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent a long weekend at the Hotel in June for a hobby convention. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was spacious and included a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It was clean and comfortable. The convention is an annual event (though first time at this hotel) and is a bit like old home week. Many of us gathered for breakfast at 7:30 or so Friday morning and were still sitting around chatting at 1:30. The staff never made us feel as if we were overstaying our welcome. Everyone was so gracious! The lobby was a very comfortable place to meet with friends. Breakfast was excellent with an omelet made to order each morning. Be sure to check all available rates. The AAA and AARP rates were considerably below the normal room rate. The convention will be held here again next year and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. It is close to major highway but set back far enough that it is quiet. Situated among lots of trees, it has a pleasant feel. The fresh cookies in the lobby were some of the best I've ever had at a hotel like this. Complimentary internet is a great feature. The full breakfast is good but the continental breakfast is overpriced. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hotel was what I expected from the Hilton standards great, but because of some baseball convention for youth made the stay miserable, and all of the other hotels in the area were booked. Ensure you ask about any major events before you book.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The accommodations were wonderful and the breakfast bar was fantastic!! The staff were always checking in with you to see if you needed anything and always had a smile and a kind word. The business center was equipped with everything I needed to get some paperwork done for my trip. If you need a late night snack they have wide variety of snacks you can purchase and put up In your room fridge. We definitely took advantage of this.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently visited family in Alpharetta and were pleasantly surprised to find that this property was located very centrally in a beautiful area. The lobby was gorgeous and staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

First of all, I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and have never been unhappy in a Hilton property before. This hotel is beautiful, and in a great location, so I was looking forward to my stay there. When I checked into my room, there was a very strong "cheap perfume" smell, so I turned on the a/c and figured it would air out while I ran out for my meeting. When I returned a few hours later, the smell was even stronger. I have asthma and severe allergies and could feel my throat closing up from the stench so I asked the front desk clerks to move me. The next room had the same problem, as did the 3rd one. The smell was actually coming from the vents! When I went to the desk to see if there was anything they could do, I was told no, and that every other hotel in the area was booked so I wasn't going to find anything else. They also told me that I may have to pay for the room because it was after the cancellation time of 6:00. I was appalled at their rudeness and lack of concern. I left and stayed elsewhere.

The Hilton Corporate Customer Service was very nice in taking care of the situation, and aplogized over and over. I am not sure why they pipe such a smell through the rooms, but beware. It may not bother some people, but I found it quite nauseating.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Njdisneymom
Kim F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for informing me and other travelers about your recent stay.

We strive to make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay. We value your business and I will personally share your comments with my dedicated hotel staff.

When your travels bring you back to Alpharetta, i hope you will give us another try.

Sincerely, Kim Flanders

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I thought certain things could have been more updated; beds, carpets, sound barriers. The service was 5 star. My greeting at 1:30 am could not have been better and the staff was very helpful. I really enjoyed Dean, the assoicate who drives the van.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo