“Great stay! Change the TP”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was exhausted when I checked into this hotel but the staff was very warm and teased me about sharing my salad from Bahama Breeze. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Breakfast next morning was very good, just busy. I had scrambled eggs with almost everything and they were great. Communication with the cook and servers was awkward at times but it all worked out. The servers were a bit ambitious cleaning my table before I had left the dining area. There were many professionals at this hotel and the general ambiance was indicative of a well run hotel.
The only recommendation that I would have is that they need to get better toilet paper. For such a nice hotel, the quality of the TP was comparable to gas stations that I have visited in Mexico.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

We really appreciate the time you took to write the review of our Hotel. We strive to surpass every guests expectations and will certainly take your suggestions to the right people. I hope you will come visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We planned a short vacation from Baton Rouge to Alpharetta to see a Rock Show at the
Verizon Amphitheater. The Rock Group was RUSH !!
There was only 1-2 places that had lower prices than Hilton Garden. My wife and stay with the
Hilton Family of Hotels because for the same price or a few dollars more than the other chains you
get so much more for your money.

1. The beds where the BEST we have ever sleeper in HANDS DOWN.
Each night (3) as soon as you hit the bed you where sleeping. The next
morning you wake with the greatest feeling of Quality Sleep !!
We stayed in a room with 2 doubles. The king beds are adjustable for your comfort.

2. The location was unbeatable for the cost. Right off Hwy 19/400. Secluded enough.
so there is no traffic noise all night. Well lighted area which felt secure.
Close enough to drugstores, food stores, fuel, food (any type) and 3-4 miles to Verizon.

3. The friendliest people you could ever meet.
From the time we checked in till checkout each and everyone who worked there went out
of their way to make us comfortable. Even the cook at the Grill Restaurant was smiling.

There was 1 person that really stood out above all others. Maria who I think was over
housekeeping. We stayed 3 nights and each morning would go to breakfast. When we met
Maria she welcomed us with open arms and treated like royalty. If she didn't have her
housekeeping tag on you would have thought that you was at Maria Bed & Breakfast!!!
We travel a lot and have been most places, Maria is one of a kind!!!
She does stand out for her personality and takes such pride in what she does.
Her job was to takes care of us only and make us comfortable in her thinking.

Overall we are coming back. The next time RUSH is in town.

Room Tip: All rooms are cozy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I love to read a review like this one! This is what I expect all of our guests to say after staying with us! Thank you so much for the kudos! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed on the 6th floor. The only bothering things about it, are:
1. When you step out of the elevator you get a whiff of cigarette like smell that seems to be in the carpeting.
2. The vending and ice machine area is so noisy - that appears to be a problem in every hotel from any chain. You would imagine they have less noisy freezers by now.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. Guest feedback is so important to our future growth. We will take your suggestions into consideration during our upcoming renovation in 2013. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Alpharetta.

rob.goodman@hilton.com

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is attractive inside and out. It is located in a nice area within walking distance of several restaurants. The rooms, while not large, are big enough and are furnished with comfortable beds, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Our rooms were very clean. I found all of the hotel desk staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room rate was reasonable for an Atlanta area hotel.
Cons: Breakfast was available for $10+ dollars rather than the free breakfast that would be available in a similarly priced Hampton Inn or Country Inn and Suites.
I found the duvet on the bed to be heavy and uncomfortably warm. but this is just my personal taste and others might like them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CYBUCKHEAD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We really appreciate the feedback you provided.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had never stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn before.....and I won't be staying there again.....

Positives: When I arrived the staff were very helpful (Jade Enriquez and Eunice Montecillo) and I received a warm welcome... I was able to get into my room early...BUT....I thought I could enjoy a meal at the hotel or have room service but the restaurant didn't open on Saturdays I was told apologetically and helpful suggestions were offered!!! However, I didn't realize this when I booked, because the week before I'd stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in South Carolina and they had a restaurant and bar available all weekend....also...the breakfast they offered in SC was 100% better than what was offered at the Windward hotel.

My main complaints were the following:

1. NOISE.....at around 12am there must have been different groups of people staying at the hotel, and they proceeded to party until nearly 1am either side of me....I could hear every word that was being said......is there no soundproofing between the rooms in this hotel?????? I have never experienced anything like it and I've stayed in many countries and in many hotels around the world and have never experienced anything like this!!!

2. Breakfast....coffee was served in polystyrene cups!!!!! Hello......I'm staying at a Hilton Hotel and I'm being served coffee in a polystyrene cup!!! I asked the waiter if I could please have something in china to drink my coffee from and he gave me a china mug......

3. The room really wasn't that 'clean' either compared to my previous weekend's experience....especially the picture hung on the wall...when the sun shone on it there were streaks of something all over it....also...the bed really wasn't made up as well as it could have been...the sheets were creased and I did wonder if they had actually changed the sheets!!! God I hope so..........

When I left the guy at the desk (didn't get his name) asked if everything was OK and I went over a couple of points with him...he apologized and did say that he had heard the noise factor complaint before....and he deducted my continental breakfast off my tab....to make up for any inconvenience caused.... He did his best I guess.....

Next week I'm staying in another Hilton Garden Inn....and we'll see how that one compares!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Wow, I hate to read such a disappointing review. You were here during an extremely busy weekend with a large clientelle of young adults. I am sorry that you were disappointed and I can only assure you that your experience was not the typical weekend here. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent service the next time your travels bring you to Alpharetta.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the best hotel in the area. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. The gym is a good size and the equipment is new and has televisions on each of them. The hotel has a bar/restaurant area that is a really nice amenity to have in a hotel of this size and when you are there on business. Comparable hotels don't often offer this. The breakfast is also very good and a great value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Hotel. My staff and I take pride in delivering exceptional service to all of our guests. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit!

rob.goodman@hilton.com

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'm a frequent traveller for both business and fun. I typically look for cleanliness, proximity to meeting sites, and service. This hotel met two, but the service was spotty at best. I have a high level frequent traveller status with Hilton, but the only way you would know it was when the desk attendant dropped two bottles of water on the desk. But it started badly to begin with. 1) they did not have the King room I booked 3 weeks prior; 2) the room I was given was on the top floor at the most extra me possible end of one wing of a smoking floor (didn't even know they had such things any more!) and the room was reeking with the sickening odor of stale cigarettes. I called down and without any apology was told to come down and get another room card. At the desk it was the same guy who checked me in. He gave me a room card with no comment, 3) TV did not work and had to be repaired twice in my three day stay, 4) last day of my stay I was given one towel instead of the usual 3 (I don't use 3, but would like the option of having an extra one (I also tip housekeeping every day). The room was comfortable and clean, but customer service needs a heavy touch up. I won't stay here in the future, and I'm not difficult to please.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom S
CYBUCKHEAD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that this is not an example of the service we typically provide. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for all the issues you had. We certainly hope that you will give us another chance if you visit the area again.