“Nice Clean Hotel on the Northside”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Florida
“Nice Clean Hotel on the Northside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is attractive inside and out. It is located in a nice area within walking distance of several restaurants. The rooms, while not large, are big enough and are furnished with comfortable beds, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Our rooms were very clean. I found all of the hotel desk staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room rate was reasonable for an Atlanta area hotel.
Cons: Breakfast was available for $10+ dollars rather than the free breakfast that would be available in a similarly priced Hampton Inn or Country Inn and Suites.
I found the duvet on the bed to be heavy and uncomfortably warm. but this is just my personal taste and others might like them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CYBUCKHEAD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We really appreciate the feedback you provided.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Menerbes, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had never stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn before.....and I won't be staying there again.....

Positives: When I arrived the staff were very helpful (Jade Enriquez and Eunice Montecillo) and I received a warm welcome... I was able to get into my room early...BUT....I thought I could enjoy a meal at the hotel or have room service but the restaurant didn't open on Saturdays I was told apologetically and helpful suggestions were offered!!! However, I didn't realize this when I booked, because the week before I'd stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in South Carolina and they had a restaurant and bar available all weekend....also...the breakfast they offered in SC was 100% better than what was offered at the Windward hotel.

My main complaints were the following:

1. NOISE.....at around 12am there must have been different groups of people staying at the hotel, and they proceeded to party until nearly 1am either side of me....I could hear every word that was being said......is there no soundproofing between the rooms in this hotel?????? I have never experienced anything like it and I've stayed in many countries and in many hotels around the world and have never experienced anything like this!!!

2. Breakfast....coffee was served in polystyrene cups!!!!! Hello......I'm staying at a Hilton Hotel and I'm being served coffee in a polystyrene cup!!! I asked the waiter if I could please have something in china to drink my coffee from and he gave me a china mug......

3. The room really wasn't that 'clean' either compared to my previous weekend's experience....especially the picture hung on the wall...when the sun shone on it there were streaks of something all over it....also...the bed really wasn't made up as well as it could have been...the sheets were creased and I did wonder if they had actually changed the sheets!!! God I hope so..........

When I left the guy at the desk (didn't get his name) asked if everything was OK and I went over a couple of points with him...he apologized and did say that he had heard the noise factor complaint before....and he deducted my continental breakfast off my tab....to make up for any inconvenience caused.... He did his best I guess.....

Next week I'm staying in another Hilton Garden Inn....and we'll see how that one compares!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wow, I hate to read such a disappointing review. You were here during an extremely busy weekend with a large clientelle of young adults. I am sorry that you were disappointed and I can only assure you that your experience was not the typical weekend here. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent service the next time your travels bring you to Alpharetta.
Royal Oak, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the best hotel in the area. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. The gym is a good size and the equipment is new and has televisions on each of them. The hotel has a bar/restaurant area that is a really nice amenity to have in a hotel of this size and when you are there on business. Comparable hotels don't often offer this. The breakfast is also very good and a great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Hotel. My staff and I take pride in delivering exceptional service to all of our guests. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit!

Centreville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'm a frequent traveller for both business and fun. I typically look for cleanliness, proximity to meeting sites, and service. This hotel met two, but the service was spotty at best. I have a high level frequent traveller status with Hilton, but the only way you would know it was when the desk attendant dropped two bottles of water on the desk. But it started badly to begin with. 1) they did not have the King room I booked 3 weeks prior; 2) the room I was given was on the top floor at the most extra me possible end of one wing of a smoking floor (didn't even know they had such things any more!) and the room was reeking with the sickening odor of stale cigarettes. I called down and without any apology was told to come down and get another room card. At the desk it was the same guy who checked me in. He gave me a room card with no comment, 3) TV did not work and had to be repaired twice in my three day stay, 4) last day of my stay I was given one towel instead of the usual 3 (I don't use 3, but would like the option of having an extra one (I also tip housekeeping every day). The room was comfortable and clean, but customer service needs a heavy touch up. I won't stay here in the future, and I'm not difficult to please.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom S
CYBUCKHEAD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that this is not an example of the service we typically provide. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for all the issues you had. We certainly hope that you will give us another chance if you visit the area again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had an incredible stay when I arrived to the hotel. I stayed from July 1st to July 6th. I want to say that if it wasn't because of Robert Freeman, I don't what would it happen. I mean this guy loves his job, great way of giving hospitality to the guest. I called twice and for some reason my room didn't have towels, and I was missing a remote control. However, this gentleman(Robert) came to my room, brought the remote control, the towels, and he even brought a bottle of water, because he noticed I was thirsty. He went above and beyond in taking care of me.

I will definitely come back for sure, and enjoy another stay at this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: This Hotel has an Amazing Staff!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about the service you received. Our team strives to deliver above and beyond and I am glad we were successful during your stay. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Garden Inn!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

fitted Sheet on our king bed was on wrong and me and my wife had to fix
Non smoking room smelled of smoke
Mini refrigerator didn't work and the nob to adjust the settings was missing

Overall I was satisfied with our stay but if we had our kids with us the smoke smell and frig issues would have been more of a concern

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank silent1643
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations. I apologize for the issues you had with the sheet and the refrigerator. I hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence the next time your in this area.

General manager
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Found myself here for a week on business. Nice lobby area with an excellent made to order breakfast. Beds were comfortable. Being a former housekeeping manager I thought the rooms could use a good deep cleaning. The fitness center is nice, but you have to get up early since there is only 3 pieces of equipment.

Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank justcrusin
I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. As a former Housekeeping manager I appreciate your attention to detail and have shared your feedback with my team. We hope to see you again soon!

General manager