“Our room was dirty”

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Our room was dirty”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The overall complex when you drive up looks clean and fresh. Well suited for the area, close to the mall and restaurants. However, the interior is where I was a bit disappointed. Our room was a two bedroom on the end, on the first floor. You could hear every sound upstairs. Someone was jumping around a lot upstairs and it echoed down into our room. There was space between the doorframe and the door, which meant, if someone was so inclined, they could easily peek into your room.

When we first went into the room, there was a trash can in the kitchen that was full and the floor was sticky. There was no trash can in the bathroom, so any trash you had to carry back out into the kitchen. The television in our room (115) did not work. Also my husband noted that the back of the door had mold on it. Not a pleasant site.

When it came time to go to sleep, around 11 that night, you could hear someones television or music rather loudly. I was laying in bed trying to figure out where it was coming from, being as the couple in our adjoining room was already asleep. Eventually it stopped, and I was able to sleep.

The breakfast in the morning is simple, so don't expect anything along the lines of waffles or boxed cereals. Fortunately I had plans for breakfast elsewhere.

Overall, the location was nice. It was in a quiet at night, at least from outdoor noises. Just live with the noises on the inside of the facility.

I give this an average rating, because the people at the front desk were friendly. It made the difference between a two and three star.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TownePlace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am embarassed at the cleanliness you encountered as this is not the service we provide here at the TownePlace Suites Alpharetta. I have shared your comments with the team to ensure that this oversight does not occur again. I am glad to hear that the staff made this stay a bit better and I would love to welcome you and your family back to show you the service you expect from a Marriott property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tianjin, China
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I like the hotel for friendly staff. They are always opened, friendly and enthusiastic.
The room is very clean. Parking lot, swimming pool,Breakfast buffet, afternoon dessert free.
Close to shopping mall ,restaurant, park, Gas station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I absolutely love your photos!
I hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A good place for long term stay. It was nice. Had room directly by elevator (do not take room by elevator). Staff a really big KUDOS!!!! Room good size had a suite, bed really comfy. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Room directly near elevator not so quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Neptune Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stay for one night with 2 adjoining rooms. Room sizes were nice with equipped kitchenette. Bed was comfortable and front desk staff helpful. There were plenty of dining options within a mile or 2. There were nice desserts when we first arrived in the lobby.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was at Alpharetta on a Business Trip for 2 months and I was put up at Towneplace suites, as it was in close proximity to my office. And it was worthwhile. The place felt like home after a couple of weeks. They had provided with Breakfast in the mornings, everyday cleanup and even a quick snack for the evenings. Every Tuesday there was free massages too. Since I had no car here, i thought commute for the local groceries would be a problem but even that was taken care with the Hotel shuttle facility. Hotel shuttle service was really good, the driver was kind enough to show me around and also Indian shops and restaurants, which i needed the most. They are absolutely free of charge covering within the proximity of 5 miles, which was really good enough for my needs. So overall it had been a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vasudha K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have had the worst moving weekend ever and Linda went above and beyond to get us and our boys in our room tonight. Including milk at midnight tuck-in and waving my husband's U-Haul in! Great room and price, and even better service!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a business/pleasure trip. I chose this property because it had a full kitchen. My plan was to stay in and cook my meals in the room. Check-in was very quick and easy. My room was on the second floor of the building across from the registration. I had no trouble finding a parking spot, but there appeared to be a mostly full house. The room was a studio with fullsize, fridge, stove with oven and dishwasher. I found everything I needed--knives, spatulas, measuring cups, colander, etc. The room also had a desk with a chair, a sofa, coffee table, bed and nightstands. The hotel is in an office complex area--so no exciting view from the window or anything--but it gives one the feel of an apartment more than a typical hotel. I could turn the flat screen TV to view it from the sofa or the bed. The bathroom wasn't huge, but it was not tiny either. Bathtub with shower with a curtain. There are restaurants within walking distance. There is a Publix a short drive away. I did not go to the hotel breakfast, so I can't report on that, but I can report that I had a very quiet stay--no noisy neighbors. The hotel is very convenient to GA 400 and it made a good central location for me. I was also pleased to get a very reasonable AAA rate. I stayed here for two nights for what I might stay in a much smaller place for one night. If you are looking for more room than the average hotel room and the convenience of a full kitchen then this property is a good choice. There was an outdoor pool but I did not use it. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo