“I'll stay here every time I'm in Alpharetta, GA”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here for a business trip in early April 2013. The hotel was easy to find and it is right off the freeway. Lots of restaurants and shopping near by. The staff was pleasant and easy to deal with. What I had never experienced before was not the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning, but a complimentary hot meal with beer or wine. The food was excellent. The suite we had was right across from the elevators and we weren't bothered at all by noise. The room was comfortable and cozy.

Room Tip: Had a room just about directly across from elevators, very quiet. Suite had a well equipped kitchen...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the Homewood Suites on a recent business trip. This hotel was less expensive than other hotel's I've stayed at in the past that were within the same Roswell area of Atlanta. That said I had expectations equal to what I’ve had in the past, but was pleasantly surprised.

Location: It is located right off the interstate and offered several nice restaurants within walking distance and I felt safe walking to them. The area in general felt safer than other area’s I’ve stayed in the past. It was also close to the shopping mall where several more restaurants were located.
Hotel: The lobby was nice with a fireplace and offered not only a complimentary breakfast, but also a complimentary happy hour with beer, wine as well as a meal (not just your normally happy hour snack type items). One night the meal was Italian with spaghetti, fettuccine, garlic bread & breadsticks. I believe this is offered from 5-7pm.
I noticed an outdoor pool but did not use due to the weather. I was unaware if they had an indoor pool. They also had a workout room and business center (which I didn't have time to utilize).
Rooms: The suite included a kitchen area with refrigerator (full size), stove, microwave, sink and counter area (great for working from). Living room had couch, chair, coffee table and TV. Separate room for the bedroom which was also roomy and had a large closet and TV. Off the bedroom was a sink/changing area and then the bathroom. The walls seemed a little thin. I could hear the person in the room next to mine caughing and could hear their toilet flush and when they showered.
Staff: Staff seemed friendly. My only area of concern was the service I received at check-out. In the morning my bill was slid under the door and I noticed they only charged me for one night. I went to the desk and the gentleman was on the phone, so I waited 5-10 minutes and then decided to eat breakfast first and then stop back. I came back a few minutes later when I noticed he was off the phone and explained the issue with the bill. He was fumbling around for a bit and finally I said I would stop back after breakfast to give him time to look into it. I came back after breakfast and there were other guests checking out, so I waited. When he got back to me he still hadn’t resolved my issue and I had to wait again. This caused me to leave later than I needed too. I would suggest they have more than one representative at the desk for check-out.

Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Further from elevator would be more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very nice and spacious suites. Clean but in need of a little TLC Reasonably priced. Very good breakfast and evening food was OK. Beer and wine were a nice touch. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do your research.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Management1000, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Marlene B,

We are happy that you have taken the time to review your stay with us. Your opinion is what keeps us striving to be the best. We have just transitioned into new ownership and management and are working very hard to make our hotel the best choice for our guests. In deed there are inherited concerns which required immediate attention and the TLC you noticed was first on our list. We are excited about our new changes and would love the opportunity to make your next stay even better!

We look forward to see you again.

Cristine Edwards
Senior Sales Manager

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Alpharetta GA (Atlanta) last weekend. While the hotel was sold out, it did not feel like it. I was very impressed how quiet the hotel was despite the number of guest staying there. The room was very comfortable with a good amount of space (although I was surprised the beds were only doubles, I missed that when booking, kinda small for two people, my party had three people total). The breakfast was great and the staff kept things moving with a good supply of food. The hotel staff was very well prepared for the busy weekend. Many events including Braves baseball, the Final Four, and other events were in the Atlanta area this weekend but everything very well. I was very impressed how well things were handled and really enjoyed my stay. I will be back!

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms with the larger square footage - more room to move around in the living room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
HomewoodAlpharetta, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued Traveler,
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Alpharetta. We take great pride in providing a superior guest experience for our hotel guests. Next time you’re in Alpharetta, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again. We are always striving to make your stay like “A Home Away From Home”.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here with family Easter weekend 2013. I am not high maintenance when it comes to travel and pretty much go with the flow. I am also a Hilton Honors Gold Level member. But let me do my sandwich:

Good. Location is great. Right off Georgia 400. Places to eat close by. The suites are fairly roomy. Huge bathroom. Price was decent.

Bad: I am not sure if the young lady manning the desk is the normal person - I hope not! She really needs some training on customer service. I checked in and during the normal exchange of greetings I stated, "Oh, I misunderstood you". I honestly cannot remember what I misunderstood because it was extremely petty. I do remember the extremely defensive response. My wife noted it also. So, I'm thinking; okay, long day, evening; maybe her sugar is low or something so I let her vent and got my room key. We go to our room (the elevator works!) but cannot get into the room. None of the room keys work. I return to the desk and N****e says, "Oh, we have been having trouble with that door", let me give you another room. I say "Okay, that happens, no big deal". I get a new room, go back upstairs walk into the room and see that it is a King Suite but we reserved a double suite. Another trip downstairs, I tell N****e, that we reserved a double. The defensiveness pops up (hypoglycemic? should I offer her a snack?) She says, no, you did not; you reserved a King. So......(I love technology); my wife hands me her tablet and the confirmation is for a double. N*****e looks at her system and says the only thing she has available is a smoking suite. I simply say, "That will not work, is there another Hilton property close by?" She says yes, let me call them. (Now, I am not in customer service but am thinking she will check with them.) Nope. She dials the number and hands me the phone. I smile but the thought running through my mind is that Hilton is going to hear about this! As the person at the other Hilton answers, N****e hangs up the phone and says she found a room. N****e then warns me about using the main Hilton site for making reservations. She says they always mess things up and I should always call the properties myself. (Really? This is the first time I have had a problem). So, please get some N****e some training. Squash the defensiveness, if something is screwed up, never hand the customer the phone. Never bad mouth your corporate. Simply say, give me a few minutes and I will find a solution. (That is enough negative for one review. In the grand scheme of things we all enter and leave this world the same way!) Oh! N****e did say good morning every morning! That is a plus!

Good: The breakfast was top notch. Good variety. The serving area was kept clean. The dining area is large. The workout room was decent. Treadmills and an elliptical. Some water in the workout room would have been nice.

Okay,sandwich is made, Hilton, make sure your front desk people get appropriate training. That should have never happened.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank davidbaddison

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your time in reviewing the Homewood Suites by Hilton Alpharetta. We take great pride in providing a superior guest experience for our hotel guests. The feedback from your previous stay provides us with information that will serve as training opportunities with our staff. We strive to not only meet but exceed Hilton standards. I would like to speak to you a little further if you have the time to pinpoint who and where we can lend the best support. I will be sending you a message with my contact information.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We were on a house hunting trip for a relocation. Staff at front desk are fantastic. The maid service is hit and miss. They forgot our room one day and only half cleaned it the next. Free breakfast and dinners are a great extra for a quick bite at no cost. Rooms are nice and reasonably quiet. Pool, exercise and business center are very adequate. The location is right off 400 and easy on/off. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Alpharetta. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and will address with the appropriate department heads to ensure we don’t miss future opportunities to “WOW” our guests in the future. We value our customers and want to make every stay like “A Home Away From Home”.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had a nice weekend with friends using this hotel as our "base". Despite being on the north side of the city, access to mid-town and downtown were no problem. There are several restaurants in the area, shopping and MARTA are easily accessible. While the address is Alpharetta, it's still "Atlanta traffic" so be prepared. This hotel is located near GA 400 but road noise was nil. Also, Homewood Suites rooms are more like an apartment than a hotel with the in-room appliances (fridge, 2 burner range, micro, dish washer, etc.) so it's well suited for long term stays.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HomewoodAlpharetta, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Alpharetta. We certainly believe our hotel team offers superior service in order to make our guests’ stay a memorable one. Again, we truly value you as a hotel guest and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again when you’re searching for hotels in Alpharetta......