“Excellent quality hotel at affordable price”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family, was impressed with the spaciousness of the rooms and the amenities included! The staff was very courteous, accommodating and helpful! Breakfast buffet was great! The location was great, close to lots of restaurant and shopping! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel for a gymnastics meet being held in nearby Roswell, GA. The hotel rooms are pretty good, although a tad on the small side. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was a killer. A variety of eggs, potatoes, and sausage, etc. The breakfast pretty much made the place and it did not disappoint. The hotel is located next to a couple of nice restaurants/bars and a Sam's Club. It's about 5 minutes from everything. The price was better than most I've stayed with. Has a pool (outdoor) but was closed for the winter. Fitness room has a couple of treadmills and a cable machine. The staff was nice and helpful. You CANNOT go wrong choosing this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was OK. The location was convenient and the lobby was nice. Breakfast was fair, although the sausage was cold. Although we did not partake, the evening food offerings were a nice touch. However when we checked into our room, the housekeeping was not up to a standard that I would expect. There was a dirty washcloth left in the bath tub and a box of cheerios on the kitchen counter.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K T
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My brother had heart surgery and had to stay in the area. We were there for 6 days. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. I had to extend a day, no problem. What could they do to help was asked. The room was clean and beds comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and with eggs prepared differently every day it helped tempt my brother's appetite. The social gatherings in the evening were extra perks. The staff went 200% to make sure our stay was comfortable and untroubled.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Okay, my "title" is a bit grandiose, but for business travel finding a comfortable, affordable and convenient place to stay is really nice. This is it.

Room is clean and comfortable.

Pillows are plenty; I had to ditch a couple in the closet, but they give you a selection so you can find one you like.

Kitchen area a bonus if you need that amenity.

The evening happy hour is great; too bad I have meetings in the evening and don't get to enjoy this from 5-7pm but it's a great perk if you don't have other things to do.

Breakfast food selection is enough. Coffee is good; actually it's better than the room coffee so I would swing down first thing grab three cups and since there is a microwave in the room you can warm up your java.

I really liked that the window's would open. So nice to smell the fresh fall air at night.

Downside: the internet was good one night and bad (slow). Probably a lot of use the night when I had my challenges. With WiFi now a necessity and expectation I recommend beefing up connections.

Other downside that I can readily remember is not a big deal but it would be nice to have a towel hook at the bathroom sink.

Thanks Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: There are two types; rooms with a balcony and rooms w/o a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I took my family here on a weekend excursion so the kids could do some of the things they wanted in the area. The lady at the front desk was very hospitable and got us set up in our room earlier then the normal arrival time. I was very thankful for this, kept us from having to hang out and wait on check-in time to arrive. The breakfast the next morning was also very nice and the whole family enjoyed it. The two main complaints I had with this hotel was that we found left over items under the bedskirt from previous tenants and there were kids coming in and out of the elevator stairwell going on midnight. With two young kids, hearing the door slam over and over with them coming up in the stairwell pretty much meant we didnt sleep until they decided to stay in their room. We could also hear the kids above us jumping on and off the beds. So if you want a good nights sleep, make sure you are not near the stairwell. Other then that, we enjoyed the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here for one day Aug 18-19, 2012.....the lady at the front desk was very nice upon us check in when called and to ask her about resturant in the area and that we need sheets for the sofa bed she was wonderfully helpful so thank you.....the room was clean and specious and so relaxing with the balcony the breakfest is good it had hot and cold items the only thing my family and I regretted is that we couldn't stay longer but we will be back...!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012