“Nice hotel”

Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/Windward
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed February 17, 2012

It was a good hotel and the staff was wonderful.
I did have one problem. The fridge had an awful odor in both the freezer and the fridge. However, I will not rate them down for this as I didn't complain to them about it. I am sure had I said something they would have moved me to a different room.

Additionally, this hotel does not yet have WIRELESS high speed in the room. They do have a high speed line in the rooms just not wireless. They mentioned to me this will be the case for a couple more weeks. In the meantime they did give me a wireless router for my room and it worked just fine.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/Windward

Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel is approximately 32$/20min away from the North Springs MARTA station via taxi.
MARTA Red train from the airport is 2.50$/45min will lead you straight to the North Springs MARTA station,

The hotel rooms are beautiful, modern looking, clean, quiet, and included a kitchenette, office desk, 2 flat TVs, toiletteries and more. The beds are out of this world. There is a pool however it is closed when the weather is cold.

There are many good restaurants around.
The breakfast is served daily and has alot of variety.
The hotel serves complimentary dinner (food, wine, beverages) from 5 to 7 from mon-thursday in the lobby.
The hotel is clean, the staff is very helpful, I woudl go back there anytime!

Cons:
-No Wireless in rooms(free wired internet only). While I was there the wireless was being installed in the rooms.
-The gym is very small, while they are high quality, there are only 3 machines (1 bike, 1 eliptical, 1 treadmill) and some weights, and unfortunately the gym is always full in the early morning or around 6PM.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stsav
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The rooms were very clean and I think recently remodeled. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were there for a soccer tournament and needed breakfast earlier then it was it was offered. I asked if we could get some bagels put out for our girls but they did better and had the full breakfast out an hour early for us. I would have given it a 5, but all the rooms have doors that open to the outside which I don't like. The neighborhood seemed nice and it wasn't a problem to have the doors open to the outside.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks during a business trip and found it to be conveniently located to various food options and shopping malls. The room was comfortable, neat and the kitchenette was well equipped. The (complimentary) snacks and beverages available during week day evenings as well as the breakfast options are really good. Hotel facilities and service was good as well.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2010

This hotel feel much more like a motel. It is pretty average. It is arranged in clusters of buildings, with somewhat slow elevator. There was no internet service, though the staff tried to fix it, they could not. Rooms have dial up internet, and that did not work either for me during my stay. However, I will not complain b/c I got the room on priceline for $36. The free breakfast was pretty decent, with various hot foods. (Ex. susage, waffles, burittos and other items.)

P.S:
This establishment had a nice basketball court and also had basketballs one could checkout.

Overall decent stay for the price!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions for abt 40-50 days, on business trip. Rooms are maintained well, however there is room for improvement. Cleanliness of rooms need to be addressed more. Once I found a "cricket" flying out from bath tub drain nozzle. And other time, I found women diaper in one of the drawers after I had checked in.
Facilities are good enuf and it includes swimming pool, gym, internet, volleyball court. Though at times, there is cap on internet usage and you need to call customer service to get it rectified.
Otherwise, stay was pleasant and staffs were quite friendly.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My 6 month stay at this place was very pleasent without any interruption. Service is good, breakfast is decent. TV channels are varied variety. Recommend for stay

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business