“Great Hotel Right off GA400” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Windward Parkway

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Hotel Right off GA400”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2007

I spent a week here in August on business. I couldn't have asked for a better stay or a better hotel.

Rates were decent, but my company picked that up, so I can't really complain or rave about the rates. Room was clean and well appointed. Nice, big LCD flat panel TV in the room. Small kitchette area with counter top, sink and min-fridge. The main lobby had another kitchen area with dishes to use for take out food. Free wireless internet. Polite and courteous staff. I would highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2007

Our flight out of NY was delayed, so I called ahead of time to let them know that we would be arriving very late...they said that it would not be a problem...upon arriving at 3:30AM the woman at the front desk was in the middle of her night audit. she said it wouldn't be a problem and took my credit card information and gave us our room keys. Since we booked through travelocity.com, I was told that everything was paid but if there are any additional charges such as food or movies they would be charged to the credit card provided. The room was CLEAN.CLEAN.CLEAN!!!! However, our sink never drained, so it constantly had water in the sink. The toilet had problems flushing and would get backed up. We were with a group of people and some others also had problems with their toilets not functioning properly. Then comes the day to check out. We find a bill slipped under our door, saying that we need to pay for another night. I was booked for three nights, we stayed for three nights...whats the problem? As soon as I find out, I go downstairs to get the problem resolved. Turns out, since we showed up during night audit, we turned up as a no-show. After dealing with a girl at the front desk, basically telling us we never had the reservation. I showed her all my printouts from travelocity and she told me that, that does her no good. I refused to talk to her anymore. She was extremely rude and was absolutely no help. Bottom Line...everything got worked out. I am a big fan of Hyatt Hotels and would definitely stay here again if need be. For the price and the cleanliness you can't beat it.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Certain Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2007

I was staying in town for 6 days, 3 of them on the weekend. This hotel has high weekly rates, but weekend rates are a steal. The hotel is very convenient right off GA 400 exit 11, behind Cabernet restaurant. The lobby is very art deco, and they have electronic check-in / check-out machines. The staff is VERY friendly and courteous. They offer snacks and beverages in the lobby, and the continental breakfast is right next to it. They also can make special dishes during breakfast if you wish to pay. The breakfast was simple but delicious, especially the fresh fruit.
The rooms were very clean, and every room has a 42" Plasma television which can face either the living space or the bed area. The bed is very comfortable, the bath area is fancy, with modern sinks and faucets. The shower area is somewhat dated but very functional with a decent showerhead. The room had a desk, wet bar with fridge, couch (pull out sofa bed), and a rolling ottoman. Overall, the room is very nice.
My only complaint is that the room is not very functional, in that there is little space for clothes (they have little cubbies under the plasma and 3 tiny drawers by the sink), no coffee table to enjoy food / beverages except for the rolling thing. They need to replace that rolling thing with a solid table, and figure out how to add some storage space. My wife and young son were with me, and it was just not enough space, not very functional. For a couple, this might be the ideal place, but not very good for young children.

Stayed April 2007
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2007

My husband and I had dinner at Cabernet (next door to the hotel) for his birthday, and had a bit too much to drink to drive home, and a cab would have cost more than the room! For 79 bucks a night, we were greatly surprised! The hotel is currently undergoing renovations to convert to a new concept called "hyatt place" which will have a wine/coffee bar in the lobby. We, luckily, got to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms and WOW! Leather sectional couch with lots of throw pillows and pull out sofa bed (didn't try that one out), huge plasma tv mounted to the wall, super neutral, modern, beautiful decor! And the bed was comfortable, upscale toiletries, the list goes on! If I were a business traveller, this would be a place that I would love to stay! Free wifi in the rooms, mini fridge, coffee maker, large desk/workspace and plenty of storage! This place was great!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family