“First time with Hyatt ”

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient to the business that I was visiting for the week. The staff was very friendly but not overbearing. The hotel was clean and well kept. My only complaint would be that it was somewhat noisy when people were in the hall. Also, the way the window and coverings are, it allows a lot of light in the room even when the drapes are pulled. I would definitely stay again. The complaints I have are personal preferences and not a deal breaker for staying.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kilgome

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Hyatt Place is one of our favorite chains, and the Hyatt Place on Windward in Alpharetta was my preferred place to stay back in 2006 while we were making plans to move to Alpharetta; even after we moved it was my standard hotel to recommend to colleagues or family passing through town. So it was natural they were on my short list of hotels to consider for out of town guests and wedding party for our son's wedding. Unfortunately we were greatly disappointed.

Arranging for a block of rooms was relatively straightforward and easy, and we got a good rate. They even offered shuttle service to/from the ceremony and reception, though nobody took advantage of that service.

The reservation process entailed me making reservations (with my credit card) for the wedding guests we were to pay for, and other guest reservations being made directly against our group code to get our rate. We wound up with 11 or 12 rooms for our group, and all had similar feedback on their stays:

- Making reservations it was not possible to tell online if our group code was applied to the reservation; I made multiple calls to make sure our reservations were properly placed in our group, but it just should have been easier.
- The check-in process was confusing and disorderly
- The rooms were great: clean, comfortable, modern
- There was a great deal of noise the weekend our party was there due to some teenage sports teams (though not really the hotel's fault)

Some of our guests reported that their keys didn't work after the first night, despite their printed reservation confirmation showing 4 nights reserved.

Others of our guests reported confused and startled people barging into their room: apparently incorrectly being given keys to their room.

And finally, the wedding party charges that were supposed to hit our credit card never did; I went by the hotel and confirmed the charges were incorrectly placed on our guest's credit cards. The hotel reversed those charges and properly applied them to my card, saying their paperwork didn't indicate the rooms were to be charged to my card: to which I wonder why I had to provide my card number to make the reservations to begin with, and why/how I should be held responsible for something missing on their paperwork. To make matters worse, one of the rooms was charged at the regular rate, not our group rate, despite my multiple calls due to the group code not showing up on online reservations. I asked if they could simply apply the discounted rate, and they refused: despite the fact that our group bought 30+ room-nights from them.

This only slightly tarnishes my opinion of the Hyatt Place brand in general, but I'll think twice of recommending the Hyatt Place on Windward to my colleagues and family in the future.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ChuckNLori
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm glad I pick this hotel for a getaway with my family. The room was big, space enough for my kids to play around. Kitchenette was good, they had a small refrigerator and a sink very nice. I love the people, they were very nice and kind all the time. Everything was veryyyy clean. The most that i loved was the free breakfast. It was a very big breakfast, not just continental, they had egg croissant sandwiches, sausage croissant sandwiches, fresh yogurt, different kinds of fruits, different kinds of bread for toast, different kind of juices (orange was my favorite) and the coffee was soo good, they had coffee all the time and it's Starbucks brand. They didn't have a microwave on the room but in the lobby they had one. Definitely this has become one of my places to go on vacations or getaways. I simply love it. The location of this hotel is very good because they had everything around very close, Walmart, restaurants and at the same time it's not a busy area like downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

In this very competitive area of Alpharetta, this hotel had everything I needed at a great price. Free and fast hot breakfast, free wifi, spacious rooms and a comfortable bed. No bull or hidden charges, 24/7 pantry, and great restaurants within walking distance. I will be back.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Really nice Hyatt. Clean and inviting lobby area with efficient, friendly front desk staff. Sunday morning breakfast bar attendant greeted everyone like she was your favorite grandmother! So friendly without being intrusive, and she kept the hotcakes coming.

Hyatt Hotels have the best free breakfasts of all hotel chains, imho. Fresh fruits, hot oatmeal (the real deal, not instant) and other kinds of cereal, plus plenty of protein selections. And endless urns of hot, fresh Starbucks coffee.

The only downer was the recently painted stairwells, which created a really bad chemical smell in the hallway. Once in the room, however, we couldn't smell it anymore. The other downer was the noisy kid across the hall squealing, running around, and slamming the door to the room at 5:30 on a Sunday morning. (Perhaps hotels can put families with kids in another part of the facility? Parents wouldn't have to worry about keeping their kids quiet while the rest of the guests get to sleep in!)

Otherwise, nice facility and highly professional staff. Location was terrific, with drugstore across the street and all kinds of restaurants up and down Windward Parkway. Just a few miles from the Big Creek Greenway, which is great for families, cyclists, runners, etc. Also close to North Point Mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear to minimize noise coming from parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne P
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Overall hotel was very nice and cozy,warm, romantic,and clean. Go to this hotel you will not regret it, place per night is very reasonable and for a little under $70 bucks you enjoy all the amentities of other 5 star hotels for FREE!!!!. .Me and my boyfriend LOVED LOVED LOVED the 47 inch television and tv selections, our only concern was the breakfast; which could have included a better selection, check in was easy, and the room itself was quiet and inviting. All in all I have no complaints and certainly will be doing business with this location again!

Room Tip: "Corner Rooms Are More Private"
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kendra M
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with the quietness of my room. The rooms were very clean and roomy. The staff very friendly and helpful. My Mom is in WheelChair and the room was perfect. Will stay again anytime visiting Atlanta for her medical appointment. Very easy to get to Northside and JohnsCreek

Stayed: March 2014