“Quiet .. Great Place If Needing A HandiCap Room”

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
“Quiet .. Great Place If Needing A HandiCap Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with the quietness of my room. The rooms were very clean and roomy. The staff very friendly and helpful. My Mom is in WheelChair and the room was perfect. Will stay again anytime visiting Atlanta for her medical appointment. Very easy to get to Northside and JohnsCreek

Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cumming, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had a good experience here recently. All staff was very friendly and welcoming - we were greeted every time we walked in. The rooms were clean and inviting, though in need of some minor repairs on door handles, sink knobs etc.
Liked the speed of the wifi, business center, tv channel selection, room service choices (non-gouging on the food, but the bottled soda price was outrageous!). Overall, I'd definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I attempted to stay at this hotel one day mid-week in March. When I arrived, the night manager unapologetically informed me that they had overbooked and would be moving me a much lower quality hotel down the road because it was "the only hotel in the area with rooms available." I booked the reservation that day - why wouldn't they know that they were oversold at that time? No one made any effort to inform me until I arrived at the hotel late that night. The night manager had a terrible attitude and was extremely rude. He even indicated that this was a common occurrence for them. I would not recommend making a reservation here if you want to ensure that you actually have a decent place to stay for the night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Shelby D
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed here one night on our way to our hike in Citico Creek. The staff was extremly nice and the two queen bed room for us to split was perfect to relax in before our big hike. I slept like a baby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here because we were working late in the area and were worried about getting home in bad weather. We arrived late and received a very warm welcome by the gentleman at the reception desk. He got us checked in quickly and gave us all the information we needed for our stay. The room was a king room that had a very spacious feel with a sitting area and work station. Very nice upscale feel.
Included in the room is breakfast in the cafe in the lobby. My husband had an amazing eggs benedict type sandwich on a biscuit and I grabbed some pastries and tea to go. They offered several choices for a hot or cold meal. Again, very nice staff to get you on your way. It is within walking distance to Cabernet if you are travelling and want to have a nice dinner. I thought it was a great deal for the money.

United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here the first week in February for Business Training.
The first day I was walking down the stairs after training and when I stepped on the last step it caved in and I fell! I sprained my ankle and dirtied my shirt & jacket and pants. The concrete step was cracked and would give two to three inches when stepped on. After a minute or two to make sure my ankle wasn't broken I limped to the front desk to tell them what had happened. They were very sorry and immediately looked at it but I was surprised that they didn't offer any services since I fell. I talked to them later and said that the step was definitely a hazard and needed to be fixed, well yeah!
While the room was very nice it was situated next to the elevator shaft so it was very loud and disturbing in the morning. I thought I would be able to get some extra sleep since the hotel was only 2 miles from the training facility but the elevator made sure that believe to be wrong.
I also found that the side entrances were not locked, able to be open by just pulling on the handle. I informed the front desk, which they immediately went to look at, but at the end of the week only one of the doors were now locked while the other side was still open and anyone was free to enter without going past the front desk. This made me very uneasy of who could be in the hotel.
I did order room service one night and when I did they informed me that over half of the menu was out of stock! I settled on an ordinary burger, although the chocolate chip cookie was very delicious and so good since they warmed it up.

Overall the hotel is nice and the decoration is business oriented but I would not reccomend staying here again until the security is fixed and the stairs are reinforced.
Oh and the "Gym" is a treadmill and an elliptical in a closet size room, so pitiful.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify that you do not want a room next to the elevator shaft.