“Better than the double tree” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Windward Parkway

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
“Better than the double tree”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. I won't stay anywhere else again. Love love love it. Nothing bad to say. Great people great food. Such a welcoming place. I felt so comfortable I almost considered moving in. The place is far better than double tree Roswell. I was concerned after bad experience at previous hotel. This was my life saver. Super convenient to Anything you could possibly need. The mushroom soup is fantastic

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

In January my family stayed at the hotel for the Rush National team soccer tryout. It is well located - near the highway and area restaurants. Their service was outstanding. The guestrooms are spacious and have everything you would need. I am in the hotel business and realize "stuff" happens. The ultimate measure of a quality hotel is how they handle a guest problem. They handled my situation perfectly. It is easy to manage a hotel when things go well. You will be well taken care of if you stay at this hotel. Thank you!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Hyatt is located right next to one of the best restaurants in Alpharetta, Cabernet, which makes staying here perfect when you're on business.
The hotel is very well maintained and their in-house bar and restaurant excellent.
The rooms are large and lots of place to work.
Great value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was staying in this Hyatt Place for about 10 nights on business. This brand isn't common where I live (Asia), so I was hoping it would be a cut above the standard roadside mall business hotel.

Mainly due to the great service, I was not disappointed. All the staff addressed me by name, and were never too busy to help me with something, be it local area information or how to understand American Football. The lobby and bar is fine for meeting customers in in the morning or evening.

Plenty has been said about the rooms already in other reviews: Mini suites, with a large fridge, sofa, desk, large TV with inputs (remember to being a cable for your laptop), closet, iron and ironing board and decent air conditioning. Judging from some of the other reviews, I was probably lucky to get a room at the end of the hall furthest from the elevator. I never had any noise problems.

The immediate surrounding area is pretty soulless, being a shopping mall, but Atlanta itself is not far south. You can actually do the journey by bus + train if you are feeling adventurous, but this is the US so most people would hire a car.

The hotel combines the reception desk, off-peak hours food and bar into one service position. This meant I never had to wait more than a few seconds to be served.

The fitness centre is some running machines; decent machines but no weights of any kind. The pool is outside.

I would definitely return here if I were visiting Alpharetta again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cumming, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel since September. The first 2 times were good, but this time was seriously lacking. I made the reservation through Hotwire. When I called to make sure we would be getting a King, I was told it would be requested, but not guaranteed. They told me that the other two times as well. They gave me the impression that if a more important, or full rate paying guest needed a King, we would have to take 2 Fulls which would make me very unhappy. However, when we arrived they gave us a King. It was next to the elevator, but we didn't think anything about it. We left right after checking in and didn't get back until 8:00 p.m. We heard noise while lying in bed and at first thought it was the heater/air. However, discovered it was the elevator. I called the front desk and they offered to move us. I said we were already settled in and would move the next day. We packed everything up the next morning and moved to another room. They put us into a disabled room (we are not disabled) and water from the shower ran into the middle of the bathroom to a drain. I used their towels to wipe up the bathroom floor. Even though this room was on another floor and 2 rooms from the elevator, we could still hear it. My husband said it sounded like the motor. We stayed 3 nights, and finally the sound went away late the 3rd day so they must have done a repair. Very disappointed that guests would have to put up with this. I feel we were not treated very well, but didn't want to move again. Probably won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't take a room anywhere near the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a great hotel in Alpharetta - right off 400 and convenient to lots of restaurants. The staff are attentive and helpful and greet you each time you walk through the doors. I've stayed here several times and have never experienced any problems -- with the room itself or noise. The clientele are generally business people from my experiences. Hyatt Place rooms are somewhat designed like studio apartments -- a living / work area separate from the bedroom area.

Room Tip: I generally stay at the end of the hall away from the vending machines and elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in October 2012 while on a business trip to Alpharetta. My spacious room was on the third floor facing the back of the hotel. The room had a living area with a large couch and a desk and a bedroom area with two queen beds; the one I slept in was very comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent. There were a lot of choices including fresh fruit salad and some hot items. No paper or plastic either - they used real dishes, flatware, and cups. There was a restaurant nearby that I think was associated with the hotel and a cafe near the reception area where you could order food items. There were plenty of restaurants and stores nearby, but having a restaurant and a cafe at the hotel was an added convenience.

The outdoor pool was closed, but there was a small fitness center available to hotel guests.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business